Good mid-price range DA/SA handgun-any suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If .45acp suits your fancy I run a DA/SA Bersa Thunder UC PRO.

Drotis

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I'm going with the CZ 75 or Beretta 92 recs for a range gun. Yeah they are big and heavy, but great to shoot. Felt recoil not bad at all. Either can be had new for around $500, and 9mm range ammo seems to be available pretty consistently at Walmart, at least in So. IN.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    As far as HK etc those are fine firearms but in Indiana not a lot of availability of "off the shelf" accessories so if that matters to you it could be a consideration.

Hahah. We know that the OP has the internet, so aftermarket support is only an issue if no one makes it. Plenty of holster makers do CCW options for HK products. Dale Fricke, JM custom, raven, even safariland. There is no good 'shelf' for truly great aftermarket accessories. It's all on the net.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hahah. We know that the OP has the internet, so aftermarket support is only an issue if no one makes it. Plenty of holster makers do CCW options for HK products. Dale Fricke, JM custom, raven, even safariland. There is no good 'shelf' for truly great aftermarket accessories. It's all on the net.

We all have the internet, my point was some folks like to be able to walk into a Gun store and buy magazines or other parts off the shelf. Go to any number of gun stores in Indiana and you will find S&W, Glock, Ruger, SIG maybe Browning mags in ample supply but few H&K and a few I am probably omitting.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    If .45acp suits your fancy I run a DA/SA Bersa Thunder UC PRO.

My first carry gun was the Bersa Thunder 9 UC pro. I think it's a great first handgun. Big controls, optional safety features, decocker. $435 Out the door a few years back. The .9mm .40 & .45 all run the same size and setup.

All that said, mags are really expensive and I only carried it about 8 months and don't carry it today. I out grew it quickly.

IMG_7263.jpg

Last edited:

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    We all have the internet, my point was some folks like to be able to walk into a Gun store and buy magazines or other parts off the shelf. Go to any number of gun stores in Indiana and you will find S&W, Glock, Ruger, SIG maybe Browning mags in ample supply but few H&K and a few I am probably omitting.

Holsters, internet. Night sights, manufacturer for freshness. Stores up here have HK mags, OP is from Indy, I hate to say it but I don't believe that there are no stores with p2k/sk/uspc/p30 mags in Indy. Tops gun or hkparts would be easier, still.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The Canik55 TP-9 is at the top of my wish list right now. The titanium finish model looks smoooooooove.... Can be found online for $320.
    SIG SP2022 can be had for less than $400. I think it is a remarkable pistol for its price. Canik55 clones of CZs can be picked up for $300 and are perhaps an even better deal.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Not to start a firestorm or derail the thread, but the Zastava M57 new production model can be found for $240 - maybe less if you shop around. If you don't hit them with a shot you may deafen them with the noise, or blind/burn them with the fire that pours out with each round.

The gun is steel and heavy and you are guaranteed to lose hearing in one magazine. My experience is these bad boys shoot flat and fast. You will need a good holster.
    Anyone have any suggestions for a carry pistol, decent quality decent price in DA/SA?

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Holsters, internet. Night sights, manufacturer for freshness. Stores up here have HK mags, OP is from Indy, I hate to say it but I don't believe that there are no stores with p2k/sk/uspc/p30 mags in Indy. Tops gun or hkparts would be easier, still.

I never said (or ment to imply) there were no H&K products. I stated that in "most" Indiana gun stores the S&W, Glock, SIG, Browning etc have more availability of products than other makes ie H&K etc on the shelf on any given day.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Walther Quality is excellent. What I do when checking out a gun I am interested in is google "*name of gun* problems". You'll get lots of hits.

Top Bottom