• ...and so much more!
  • slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    These - Oboz : : Mens Yellowstone II

I've worn mine since July and am very, very happy. I have wide feet and need a roomy toe box and this accommodate both. The soles are very stiff and supportive. These are the first shoe of any kind that, at the moment I put it on, I knew I'd like it.

I've used them for daily wear mostly. But I've also worn them for countless rounds of disc golf and thought they were just as good as my running shoes. I took a 7+ mile hike on dirt/boulder/mud/sand on Oahu a few weeks ago and commented to myself at the end about how happy my feet were. No hot spots. No aches. They felt really good.

If these go on sale, I intend to at least buy one other pair for replacements.

FYI - Oboz are (per the guy at REI) folks who originally started Montrail. Bottom line - they know hiking boots.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I love Keen boots. Good traction and long lasting soles. The KeenDry system works like Goretex but is more breathable. Very comfortable and stylish.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.3%
    33   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    ASOLO has been great to me. Had a lower end hiking pair (FSN 95's) and they were great. When those wore out I wanted something with more support and got the Power Matic 200's. Great heavy duty boot that i wear almost daily.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    ASOLO has been great to me. Had a lower end hiking pair (FSN 95's) and they were great. When those wore out I wanted something with more support and got the Power Matic 200's. Great heavy duty boot that i wear almost daily.

I have the standard all leather asolo. My wife has the power matics. After looking at the fit and finish if mine wear out that is the direction I am going.

SandHill84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Camby/Mooresville area
    I'd have to recomend Lowa's; had mine for 4+ years. Best darn boots I ever owned. 0 break in time and very comfy. $$$ up front but worth cost. Not sure if its still the case but US Special Operation Command had been purchasing these boots for SF units to wear in Afghanistan. Guess they got rave reviews for some of 1st SF teams who bought them independently for wear during the early deployments in late 2001 & 2002.

2500ekW

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    I've worn my Merrell Moab Mid Ventilator's pretty much every day for 1.5 years and love them. I'm going to get a new pair this summer, and the Goretex version before next winter hits.

Top Bottom