• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    While I don't agree with public funding for Planned Parenthood, I'm not sure if stripping them of the money won't hurt us in the long run. The last thing we need is a couple thousand more illegitimate children being fed, clothed and educated solely through tax dollars.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Way to go, Gov Daniels!

When someone else controls your access to something you need ($), they control you. The quickest route to Freedom is to wean yourself from that dependency. It does not matter who the players are (parents/children ... Citizen/Government .... State Government / Federal Government), when the apron strings are cut, Freedom and Independence will flourish. Not to mention it helps remove the moral blight of taxpayer funding of an abortion providing organization.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    While I don't agree with public funding for Planned Parenthood, I'm not sure if stripping them of the money won't hurt us in the long run. The last thing we need is a couple thousand more illegitimate children being fed, clothed and educated solely through tax dollars.

Perhaps we should stop the funding for that as well.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    You won't get any arguments from me there. I don't mind helping those in need, I don't support handouts to those who make poor decisions.

I agree... What seems to be difficult is determining who's truly in need, and who places themselves in a situation of need in order to receive a handout. I think it might be better to not give anyone through the government/taxpayer dollars, and instead give it out through charities and let the charities decide who gets money... I'll just choose who I donate to very carefully.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Hey, I'll give money to people in need. I'd just like to do it of my own free will. When they force me to do it at the point of a gun they make a victim out of me and a thief out of themselves.

What could have been an act of love becomes an act of oppression.

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida
    Hey, I'll give money to people in need. I'd just like to do it of my own free will. When they force me to do it at the point of a gun they make a victim out of me and a thief out of themselves.

Totally agree. Mitch did good in this!
    Mitch Daniels seems to be gasining support as a Presidential candidate too. Hope this continues. Eight years of fiscal reponsibility should be a good resume builder.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    Well, I'll be making a donation to Planned Parenthood then. they provide very useful services and in the long run it costs less to help prevent pregnancy than it does to support unwanted kids. They also help place a lot of unwanted babies through adoption.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    grimor;18529[B said:
    Well, I'll be making a donation to Planned Parenthood then.[/B] 39] they provide very useful services and in the long run it costs less to help prevent pregnancy than it does to support unwanted kids. They also help place a lot of unwanted babies through adoption.

this is the way it should be...if planned parenthood needs money they need to get it from private companies like trojan condoms, or other companies that are in the same business of contraceptives. No company deserves money from us(the taxpayer).

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Well, I'll be making a donation to Planned Parenthood then. they provide very useful services and in the long run it costs less to help prevent pregnancy than it does to support unwanted kids. They also help place a lot of unwanted babies through adoption.

+1 For the above. This is exactly the way the system SHOULD work. Through our own free will and personal beliefs, each of us should choose which social program we will or will not support. That's a much better approach than the .gov's hand in every pocket.

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    anybody that can pierce the skull of an infant and then collapse their skull with a vacuum and then rip them from their environment is not someone I want any funding to go to. I don't care what other "good" works they do. I've seen the films and Hitler loved his dogs.

"While there are cases where even the law recognizes an abortion as justifiable if recommended by a physician, I assert that the hundreds of thousands of abortions performed in America each year are a disgrace to civilization"

Margret Sanger founder of Planned Parenthood

Woman and the New Race (1920)

drobpk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Indy and South Florida

This is your choice. I support it being your choice.

But to make it manditory support with tax dollars is wrong. Planned parenthood also supports abortions. I am a charitable guy, but I do not want my tax dollars supporting abortions.

I also do not want my tax dollars supporting National Public Radio. They can have a sharathon just like any other public station.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    The tax money that PP received supplemented low income and poor individuals so they could pay less for their visits and birth control and actually be able to afford it. there wasn't even enough tax money to cover the need for that. By legislation, the money could not be used to supplement or pay for abortions.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    The tax money that PP received supplemented low income and poor individuals so they could pay less for their visits and birth control and actually be able to afford it. there wasn't even enough tax money to cover the need for that. By legislation, the money could not be used to supplement or pay for abortions.

Doesn't Walmart offer $9 month prescriptions for birth control? :dunno:

DustinG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008

And just how do they trace the money to ensure that the money is not being used for abortions? In fact, PP has used tax payer dollars to sue states over abortion laws several times.

You are honestly trying to tell me that people cannot afford to buy condoms? Or these same people cannot afford to abstain from sex? People need to begin to become responsible for their own actions instead of having the tax payer provide for it. I think they could at least set aside $10 for a 36 pack of condoms every couple of months. Condoms are not unaffordable--your argument is a moot point!

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson

+1. Couldn't agree more! :patriot:

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    instead of planned parenthood, can't we have a permanent solution parenthood where people can get fixed. the less children that welfare has to pay for the better. and none of that was meant to be purple txt.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i think we need to cut more. once people learn we will no longer be rewarding their stupid behavior with free groceries, healthcare, education, job preference, ect, than maybe they will realize that stupid decisions dont pay off and now they are gonna have to work like everyone else to earn what they have in life.

there should be no free rides on others backs, and as soon as we change our govt to reflect this way of thinking the sooner we can become great again as a nation and stop living beyond our means and stop wasting money we dont have with social welfare. that will also largely nip the illegal immigration problem in the butt!

Top Bottom