• ...and so much more!
  • Bowman78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Camby
    while i agree

i say defund the CIB ,but i still feel compulsion to fund planned parenthood.... how many on here really grew up below middle class and of those how many have made a few mistakes???? its so easy to point the finger at others and claim irresponsibility!!! but when it comes to real life???? its easy to ***** about your tax dollars going to waste for peolple who live recklessly but if we really look at where our dollars go what is really a drain on society???? i have one word!!!! POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    The vast majority of what PP does is contraceptives and general gynecological services for the inner city poor. The effect of this bill will be A) more crowded emergency rooms to deal with STDs and other gyn services and B) a major drain on medicaid funds as the poor that were served by PP turn to those funds to get primary gyn care from local clinics and hospitals.

The abortions will not stop, they will just continue in other clinics as the funding for those, private as dictated by the Hyde amendment, has not changed. This was a political move with an eye on Iowa and New Hampshire, nothing more imo.....but a very clever move if Daniels wants to do well in the primaries. Medicaid taxes will now support the services that were covered by that 4 million in fed dollars. Stupid move as our tax obligations just went up with zero effect on abortion numbers.

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    They still get my support.

That's your choice and you can do that if you would like, what is not fine is taking mine or other peoples money without consent to support others.

are all that in favor of defunding planned parenthood in support of defunding the CIB and its charities??? lucas oil stadium and conseco fieldhouse and the pacers and the colts and oh, the hoosier dome.... the one we're still paying for!!!!!!!!!!!! just wondering??????

Damn right I am.

but i still feel compulsion to fund planned parenthood.... how many on here really grew up below middle class and of those how many have made a few mistakes????

You are more than welcome to fund planned parenthood. With your own money. Not to take from others without their consent to fund them.

:welcome: I did. On both. Although I wouldn't call my son a mistake. More of an unplanned gift from god.;)

The vast majority of what PP does is contraceptives and general gynecological services for the inner city poor. The effect of this bill will be A) more crowded emergency rooms to deal with STDs and other gyn services and B) a major drain on medicaid funds as the poor that were served by PP turn to those funds to get primary gyn care from local clinics and hospitals.

The abortions will not stop, they will just continue in other clinics as the funding for those, private as dictated by the Hyde amendment, has not changed.

The vast majority of people seen are for contraceptives/std/wellness/etc. But and I don't know for sure, how much of the money is spent for those? According to their latest report about 3% of their patients were their for abortion. Several years ago my wife had a miscarriage and had to have a D&C which is one of the procedures performed during an abortion. Everything included it was well over 3-4k(I can't remember the exact amount), with the Dr./assistant/anesthesiologist/hospital/etc fees. A year or two ago I read a couple of articles that said a pap smear and mammogram were about $350 combined, you can get a months supply of birth control pills at Walmart for about $8, so $96 a year.

A) You might be and quite possibly are correct.
    B)I'm pretty sure you are incorrect, if they have medicaid, it already pays planned parenthood. So no increase in that.

And while I'm pro-life, currently abortion is legal. So if a private person wants to fund it, go for it. But don't make me or anyone else that doesn't want to.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

The abortions will not stop, they will just continue in other clinics as the funding for those, private as dictated by the Hyde amendment, has not changed. This was a political move with an eye on Iowa and New Hampshire, nothing more imo.....but a very clever move if Daniels wants to do well in the primaries. Medicaid taxes will now support the services that were covered by that 4 million in fed dollars. Stupid move as our tax obligations just went up with zero effect on abortion numbers.

So your solution is legalized theft of your fellow citizens?

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    There is a big difference between the CIB and PP.

The CIB takes money from people to build structures that everyone can use.

PP takes money from one group of people to gives it to another group of people.

Does the CIB make the best decisions? No. Should they spend less, yes. However, they actually use tax money the way it's supposed to be used, not just redistributing it.

Top Bottom