• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    dude there are so many 9mm's out there,it all depends on what you have seen & what feels good in your hand ,if it feels good when you grip & brings up naturally to your point of sight ,thats a good candidate.I suggest going to a few gun shops & list your likes & dislikes on your choices,also depends on what the primary use of the pistol is (everyday carry ,competition ,plinking ,all the above)hope this helps, there are also many selections on the ingo firearms site at reasonable prices(not trying to upset the shops just putting it out there)

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    If your just looking for a list of what other users consider "the best" 9mm handguns, then these are my sugestions:

Service:
    ------------
    * Glock 17
    * S&W 5906
    * Ruger P89
    * Sig Sauer P226
    * CZ-SP01
    * Beretta PX4

Compact:
    ---------
    * Glock 26
    * S&W 3913
    * Sig Sauer P239
    * CZ RAMI
    * Kahr K9
    * KelTec PM9

Those are my top pics. In reality, there are exists a sea of good 9mm pistols that you will nedd to wade through in order to reach your ultimate discision.

Last edited:

TrevorReznik

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    I agree that it really depends on what the application will be and your price range. I have a Beretta 92FS and a Magnum Research Baby Eagle, and I love them both. They are both very reliable and accurate. I also like Sig 266s, Springfield XDs, Walther P99s, and S&W M&Ps. You can't really go wrong with any of these.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I have a Ruger P89 next to the bed and carry a Kahr CW9 daily. Both are reliable and accurate. One cost a little and the other costs ... more.

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    glock, sig p series, hk usp, beretta's are pretty much standard in the 9mm category. pic one that fits you the best.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Yeah there is such a wide range to choose from. Again depends on what the use will be. Carry, range, nighstand, something just have while in your vehicle. Do you want all metal, or polymer? Do you want a manual safety, decocker, triger/grip safety?

Greatestsin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Morgan Township, NWI
    I have a Beretta 92FS that I CCW and used to carry the Glock 17. Really it comes down to personal preference. Just like on the first page, i suggest you go to blythes in valpo. I think it was 10 bucks to rent the Beretta before I bought it. I fell in love with it and couldn't resist

Rogercaruthers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2009
    I agree its always best to shoot the types of guns youd consider. Guns that i have always considered before buying has been glock and springfield and beretta. I love the springfield xdm, but i tend to lean towards 1911's so it was almost natural for me to like this gun. Find what you like, shoot rounds through it then from there you can decide based on your opinion! If you cant shoot well with it or its not comfortable to shoot you can always move onto another pistol.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The Bersa Thunder 9UC is my daily carry piece and I love it. It holds 13 rounds and is one of the best kept secrets out there in good deals. My son just picked up a Bersa 45UC and is very happy with his, except for the cost of ammo.

MarkR

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Can't go wrong with a Glock or a Sig - my choice would be the G19 or the Sig P229. There is also demand for these on the used market, so you can always sell it if you decide you want something different. For a first pistol, go with something tried and true - stay away from expensive exotics.
    My :twocents:

Top Bottom