• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clgustaveson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I have 4 - 5 penny weight of gold filings, raw gold I panned. I tested it twice with two individuals and it tested (not assayed) over 18k....

I kind of want to make it into a ring but that hope died, figured I'd sell it if I could otherwise keep using it as a paperweight.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Beings you deal with Silver,have you ever seena 1991 Desert Storm commemortive coin,with a pic of Iraq on one side and and Eagle on the back,has 1 oz of .999 silver inscribed on the back too. I have never seen another one besides the one I have. Any idea what its worth? or What you would give or get for a rare coin like this? Any interest?

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad20/donlone5/coins012.jpg

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Originally Posted by Flintlock
    Wait.... so you're paying less than spot?

If you were a nice guy, you would buy at retail and sell to us INGO guys at wholsale

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Beings you deal with Silver,have you ever seena 1991 Desert Storm commemortive coin,with a pic of Iraq on one side and and Eagle on the back,has 1 oz of .999 silver inscribed on the back too. I have never seen another one besides the one I have. Any idea what its worth? or What you would give or get for a rare coin like this? Any interest?

I have seen a few of the Iraq rounds. I only deal with the value of the metal and not the collector value that might be added on top of the metal value. So, I tend to stay away from graded coins and coins/bullion that might have a collector value. 99% of my business is dealing straight with refineries and they don't care about collector value. They are only going to pay me based on the metal value. If you were to send that Iraq round to a refinery to sell they will not even give you spot value, they will pay you back a small percentage from spot....they have to have a margin (profit) to work on. With that said, there is a collector market out there and people that collect that kind of item will pay you a bit more than spot value. Example: American Silver Eagles can/will bring $3 to $5 over spot and the there is a couple of dates (1996 for one) that will bring considerably more than spot. One thing to keep in mind, as metal values rise the collector value will go down. Example: Go back a few years and look at what St. Gauden gold coins were bringing and look at what they are bringing in today's market...even though gold has more than doubled...the collector value/margin did not double it got smaller as the metal value went up. When looking at this you have to look at the percentage over metal value to determine the collector value not the dollar amount.
    I hope this helps you.
    Brad

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I'll be at the Fort Wayne gun & knife show this weekend (Sat. the 8th & Sun. the 9th) Anyone coming to the show that has gold or silver they are looking to sell....look me up.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Thank you to everyone that came to the Indy 1500 that sold your silver and gold...way too many people to thank individually. Thanks again and if I can help anyone in the future, just let me know. :yesway:

JLB768

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Bloomington
    You buy Seiko watches? I have a Seiko Kinetic I bought at Zales in 2007, worn it three times. To a wedding, a funeral, and my daughters graduation...

SKA366.jpg

Top Bottom