• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Through the generosity of a buddy of mine I was able to load up ~1000 rounds of .45 this weekend. We put together 3 different recipes and test fired them, picked the best of the 3, and went back to the reloading room.

Using his Dillon XL650 we were able to crank out the balance of 1000 rounds in a little under 2 hours. I thought this was pretty good considering I had never loaded on a Dillon progressive before. It's a pretty sweet machine, really...

So, Ive got some Darda's 230gr RNBB bullets over 5.3 grains of Win231 with Winchester primers inside mixed brass. OAL 1.200". The wife and I are headed to Roush Lake shooting range this afternoon around 4pm so if you aren't doing anything come on out! I'm going to run about 200 through my Colt... :ar15::ar15::ar15:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Through the generosity of a buddy of mine I was able to load up ~1000 rounds of .45 this weekend. We put together 3 different recipes and test fired them, picked the best of the 3, and went back to the reloading room.

Using his Dillon XL650 we were able to crank out the balance of 1000 rounds in a little under 2 hours. I thought this was pretty good considering I had never loaded on a Dillon progressive before. It's a pretty sweet machine, really...

So, Ive got some Darda's 230gr RNBB bullets over 5.3 grains of Win231 with Winchester primers inside mixed brass. OAL 1.200". The wife and I are headed to Roush Lake shooting range this afternoon around 4pm so if you aren't doing anything come on out! I'm going to run about 200 through my Colt... :ar15::ar15::ar15:

cool beans! i hope they work!

jake

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Man and I will be stuck at work!! Haha burn em up man and we will load ya some more!

:xmad: Roush Lake was closed when we got there! :xmad:

It was....seriously....like opening up a package of socks on Christmas Morning!

:(

(as a 10 year old - not now. Socks aren't so bad these days!)

GAH!!!!!!!

How about we go down to Jonesboro tomorrow, Steve? I shoved 350 rounds of 45 and 250 rounds of 9mm in my 30 cal ammo box. Zak was really wanting to shoot the wife's LC9, too. :D

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Congrat's on loading your first 1K rounds but bummer on the range being closed. My son had a couple friends over for his 18th birthday on Saturday and we burned through over 600 rounds of various ammo. (Got a 100 yard range in the back yard.) I'll be a happy reloader for the next week or two. :D

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    One of these days I'm going to bust out of the concrete jungle and get a spread outside of town. Then I could walk out my frackin' back door and punish steel plates to my little heart's content...

Sounds like an awesome 18th birthday to me!

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Well I just got back from the range (finally!) Shot 100 or so with 100% no problems. Very accurate when I do my part. Big thanks to Six Shooter Steve for helping a n00b get started in reloading. The best part: I still have 900 more to shoot. :D

That Blackhawk is awesome by the way!

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    OK now I'm confused;.45acps in a Blackhawk? [old 2cylinder model?]
    But any how congrats and welcome to the club, you won't spend less but you will shoot more!!!

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Yep! Its a sweet piece. Ran about 250 more through the Colt this morning. Other than one ejected case to the front-head they ran beautifully. More accurate for me than the jacketed wwb I used to clear the barrel when I was done. Just gave her a meticulous scrubbing, read her a bedtime story, and put her to bed. Bonus today: 350 free 9mm brass from Roush as well as about 50 free .45 brass. Good times! !

mickar15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I've got a Dillon 550B that I love.

That being said, remember, with a progressive press, it is easy to lose concentration and make a mistake. I suggest you develop a routine and stick to it. I don't talk to anyone or listen to the radio or do any thing but concentrate on what I am doing when I reload.

You can get a lot of enjoyment out of reloading. Custom loads, cheaper ammo, and the satisfaction that you made the ammo you are shooting.
    And with a progressive, you will have more ammo for practice.

Be safe, have fun,

Mick

Top Bottom