• wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    OK I have a question;
    I have an exterior lamp in my yard that is gas, and doesnt work, never has since weve owned the house and theres no gas line to it. Its a typical glass, 4 sided probably 6 foot tall lamp...
    I already have my Blue porch light, but this is closer to the road and more visible. I got a solar light and spray painted it blue and stuck it in there today...no real blue to it.
    What do you people knowledgable about this think it would look like if I painted the glass around the fixture. Would it tint it blue or just block some of the light?

I think that would depend upon the paint you use...

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    What is the timeframe on the Blue Avatars then? I don't want to be the only one with one when this ends.

I in now way am asking because this is a bother. Since I am not an Indy resident though I am a bit out of the loop info-wise.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I think that would depend upon the paint you use...

My solution.... Wrapped each individual glass plate with blue cellophane then put the solar light inside. We shall see at dark...

20140712_160800_zpsst21ilqs.jpg

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What is the timeframe on the Blue Avatars then? I don't want to be the only one with one when this ends.

I in now way am asking because this is a bother. Since I am not an Indy resident though I am a bit out of the loop info-wise.

Till cops dont get shot anymore? :dunno:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

Whenever you feel comfortable changing it. I plan to leave mine up for a week, but now that the funeral is over, I don't think it would be disrespectful to change it even now if you wanted to. You've shown your respect. :yesway:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

Your choice of avatar is a good compromise. It has staying power. :yesway:

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Thanks, I will leave it until they start changing then. To leave it all the time because cops die all the time makes it less impact.
    When it happens I prefer to make it show I support them rather than making it just seem like something run of the mill.

I know they have a very dangerous job and so they have my support. I know I wouldn't do it now though I wanted to as a younger man. Things conspired to keep me out of such a job, like hiring freezes and not being able to score more than 100% on tests since I wasn't a minority etc.

May God Bless all of our men and women in Blue.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side

I didn't change my avatar. I did however lower my flag and change my light to blue. The light will stay for awhile. My flag will remain half staff until Gary lays their officer to rest on Monday.
    If I had changed my avatar, I would probably change it Monday as well

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I didn't change my avatar. I did however lower my flag and change my light to blue. The light will stay for awhile. My flag will remain half staff until Gary lays their officer to rest on Monday.

I was going to say the same thing...until at least after the officer from Gary is laid to rest.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    We went to the Indy United rally tonight Indy Radio Stations Calling for Unity | 93.1 WIBC

Somewhat disappointed with the turnout, maybe 500 people. HOWEVER, INGO's little activist OkieGirl shook hands and spoke for some time with Chief Hite and DPS Director Riggs. We got some good info from them. Our LEO members will hopefully be pleased to hear that when we asked both of them (in separate conversations) what could we do to help, they both said "support the new recruits".

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I was going to say the same thing...until at least after the officer from Gary is laid to rest.
    Thank you both for remembering Ofc.Westerfield. That's up towards my neck of the woods in NWI.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Thank you both for remembering Ofc.Westerfield. That's up towards my neck of the woods in NWI.

I have a close friend whose son is an officer in Lake Station. He assists in that area frequently. I panic every time I hear something about an officer in that area.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

This whole blue light idea was intended to show support for all officers - my brother wears the uniform in another state and he has said that Indy's movement made it all the way there. I've heard from Officers in many different jurisdictions and they see the blue lights in their areas and have sent me photos of the lights on their own homes. This isn't just an Indy thing or even just an Indiana thing...Our men and women in law enforcement need to hear that we support them. The original post on the public facebook page, started Monday at 7:00pm, has had 526 shares...that means it goes out to a much broader audience. The total reached to date on just that first post shows 37,024 people...

Thanks for the nudge INGO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!

This whole blue light idea was intended to show support for all officers - my brother wears the uniform in another state and he has said that Indy's movement made it all the way there. I've heard from Officers in many different jurisdictions and they see the blue lights in their areas and have sent me photos of the lights on their own homes. This isn't just an Indy thing or even just an Indiana thing...Our men and women in law enforcement need to hear that we support them. The original post on the public facebook page, started Monday at 7:00pm, has had 526 shares...that means it goes out to a much broader audience. The total reached to date on just that first post shows 37,024 people...

I see this getting some real legs. It all started right here with you and Indy John.
    Good job.

Top Bottom