• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Not trying to fling turds here, but if so many people can constantly talk about their God, why can't I swear? I'm serious.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Where's the equivalency? I'm sure you can talk about Satan.

Satan! Satan! Satan!
    *Technically*, equivalency would have to be Satan vs Michael, or Gabriel or such. He was created an angel. Not a god.
    Just sayin'.
    </pet peeve>
    Carry on. :D

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    *Technically*, equivalency would have to be Satan vs Michael, or Gabriel or such. He was created an angel. Not a god.
    Just sayin'.
    </pet peeve>
    Technically doesn't matter either way...just sayin'.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Not trying to fling turds here, but if so many people can constantly talk about their God, why can't I swear? I'm serious.

Maybe if you swear enough then Fenway and the mods will run out of asterisks, or at least you can run their asterisk bill up so much you can bankrupt the m***********s.

I've gotten two infractions, one for bumping my ad at 22 hours instead of a day, and the other for putting in symbols for some letters instead of letting the software edit it out when I wrote a swear word (which is force of habit). No, I'm not *****ing about the mods giving the infractions, I got no beef with them doing their jobs.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana

Not your forum, so you don't make the rules. Past that if you can't truly figure out the answer then I feel bad for you.

Last edited:

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just sayin'.
    </pet peeve>

Well Said Annie!

As to the question, Where is the commonality here? Are you saying you have FAITH in your slang? Someone sharing their opinion (Faith or non-faith) should not need slang to get their point across. There are plenty of adjectives around. Slang wouldn't serve a good purpose on the forum and would actually decrease its usefulness.

A thesaurus might be in order here. :D

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Then why bring it up at all? :dunno:

My apologies, I know it's a touchy subject among you guys given how much crap you get for doing a thankless volunteer job (really, no sarcasm here at all, I've been a mod I know what you all have to deal with!). I mention it because it's possible to break the rules here without intending to. The infractions were fair warning that I did break the rules, but in both cases they snuck up on me in situations where I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been. In both cases I apologized sincerely and made extra sure to try to not violate the rules.

In the case of cussing here, it was sort of a minor shocker to me to find that I could actually write swear words and the software would bleep it out for me since this was the first forum I'd been on that did it. So when I wrote like T#!$ instead (which was reflexive) it was sort of an interesting dilemma. I actually had to pay attention and not use that type of text at all and on the occasion I use a swear word to let the software decide what was acceptable.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Well Said Annie!

As to the question, Where is the commonality here? Are you saying you have FAITH in your slang? Someone sharing their opinion (Faith or non-faith) should not need slang to get their point across. There are plenty of adjectives around. Slang wouldn't serve a good purpose on the forum and would actually decrease its usefulness.

A thesaurus might be in order here. :D

inconceivable.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom