• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Flash-hider

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    For me if these companies are really doing away with what they claim to be there would be a blood curdling cry from the DEI and woke crowd along with promises of boycotts.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yep, the problem with "voting your conscience" in certain races means I'm throwing away a Republican vote so the Demoncrats win.
    I think voting against the worst outcome IS voting my conscience. Even if it isn't ideal, it's still voting closer to ideal than the alternative. If you don't vote, it's just one less vote against the worst outcome.

I know there are some folks who won't vote for Trump because he's not perfectly aligned on pro-life. Kuntala and Democrats are a threat to the gains made, while Trump is not. Kuntala and Democrats want to bring back RvW policies. She's against borders. She wants to confiscate guns. She wants to limit free speech. She's a member in good standing of ClownWorld™ except that she's not sufficiently anti-Israel. She's power hungry and stupid, which is a terrible combination.

I think it's unconscionable to not vote against that ****. A vote for Trump, however imperfect, is a vote against the immoral ClownWorld™.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    As a great man once said
    "Trust but verify "
    I'll wait before I spend my money on any of these companies .
    I’ve always thought that was a stupid saying. If you have to verify, you don’t trust it. Trust is belief in something without needing verification.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think voting against the worst outcome IS voting my conscience. Even if it isn't ideal, it's still voting closer to ideal than the alternative. If you don't vote, it's just one less vote against the worst outcome.

I know there are some folks who won't vote for Trump because he's not perfectly aligned on pro-life. Kuntala and Democrats are a threat to the gains made, while Trump is not. Kuntala and Democrats want to bring back RvW policies. She's against borders. She wants to confiscate guns. She wants to limit free speech. She's a member in good standing of ClownWorld™ except that she's not sufficiently anti-Israel. She's power hungry and stupid, which is a terrible combination.

I think it's unconscionable to not vote against that ****. A vote for Trump, however imperfect, is a vote against the immoral ClownWorld™.

People who don't like Trump are more likely to be indoctrinated with what the MSM has said about him, than not liking him due to facts.

Those who don't like him because "he doesn't act Presidential" should grow the F up. The alternative is the same people running this country completely into the ground. Even if I hated Trump I would still vote for him vs anyone on the Left.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    As a great man once said
    "Trust but verify "
    I'll wait before I spend my money on any of these companies .
    I agree but say “just words with no substance” is not correct. The ferver if they renege will be far greater than the original threat which caused the capitulation in the first place.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Yeah, hundreds of people who should be out of work because they have no idea how to develop a compelling game that's fun to play without being beaten about the head and shoulders with messaging.
    Just shows how “woke” is commies under a different mask.
    It’s called Capitalism — create a product that many other people want to buy, and be successful; produce garbage that nobody wants, lose your job and hopefully do something different next round (they won’t).

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I
    Again, untrain how? The important part seems to be the giving of money to certain groups and events. That is very public and easily checked. A lot of the training is actually state mandated in certain states. I have to sit through a couple of hours of the nonsense for my company because I am an employee of the corporate office in Chicago. I don't have to be untrained to ignore the nonsense.
    I expect at minimum the same effort and expenditures to provide reversal training that was used to provide the DEI training to begin with. Will it be effective ? Don’t care. They just need to make the effort and spend the money. This way their folly is twice as expensive. This is about the cost of stupidity. They should feel it. So should the shareholders.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I’ve always thought that was a stupid saying. If you have to verify, you don’t trust it. Trust is belief in something without needing verification.
    I think that's faith. Trust is earned. Like when you buy a new handgun... you're not going to start carrying it before you put a few hundred problem-free rounds through it, are you? And after you trust it enough to carry, I'd imagine you still make sure to clean it periodically and inspect for anything that might look "off". That's the verification part. IMHO anyhow.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I

I expect at minimum the same effort and expenditures to provide reversal training that was used to provide the DEI training to begin with. Will it be effective ? Don’t care. They just need to make the effort and spend the money. This way their folly is twice as expensive. This is about the cost of stupidity. They should feel it. So should the shareholders.
    You're just punishing the employees at that point. They do not want to sit through any of that :poop:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I think that's faith. Trust is earned. Like when you buy a new handgun... you're not going to start carrying it before you put a few hundred problem-free rounds through it, are you? And after you trust it enough to carry, I'd imagine you still make sure to clean it periodically and inspect for anything that might look "off". That's the verification part. IMHO anyhow.
    Faith and trust are just slightly different branches of the same tree. Faith is nothing more than trusting that something is true without actually seeing it.

You proved my point with your handgun analogy. You don't trust it until you verify its function. Trust came after verification. "Trust but verify" is nonsense.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Faith and trust are just slightly different branches of the same tree. Faith is nothing more than trusting that something is true without actually seeing it.

You proved my point with your handgun analogy. You don't trust it until you verify its function. Trust came after verification. "Trust but verify" is nonsense.
    But you still continue to verify (by cleaning and inspection) after you trust it. That's my contention. You don't just put 100 rounds through it, throw it in your holster and call it good, do you? I get what you're saying. I think we're just arguing semantics. And I'm right. :p

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    You're just punishing the employees at that point. They do not want to sit through any of that :poop:
    As I said on another site that was complaining about having to return to work in the office, people can resign every day. I sat through weeks of “training “ that had nothing to do with my job functions. It was a vacation with pay and meals.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As I said on another site that was complaining about having to return to work in the office, people can resign every day. I sat through weeks of “training “ that had nothing to do with my job functions. It was a vacation with pay and meals.
    Thankfully, you don't make the rules on mandatory training. :):

Top Bottom