Ok guys, teach your kids to check and change their oil.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    But Mobil says you can go 20k miles!
    20k in one year?? I bet it would work. (highway driving, I think our fleet, small trucks, was 14k or better. That was every 6 weeks or less.) Most oil changes should be done more frequent (3-5k) because very few actually check the oil level.

Brian Ski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2014
    Michiana
    Luckily oil color plays no real part in oil condition.
    Yep pretty much. I can tell if an oil is chaulky black it is more than time to change. You can understand your own car, but when someone you don't know shows up, you can get an indication what is bad by looks and feel. (and vehicle of course)

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    My ex learned an expensive lesson about oil changes; came in one day saying the engine in her Choo Choo conversion short/wide Chebby was making a "funny" noise. Rod knock ain't funny. Dropped the pan and couldn't believe the amount of sludge built up in it. When I asked her what she had been doing with the money I gave her every 3 months for oil changes she said she and her girlfriends had been going out to lunch on it.

I suggested she talk to her girlfriends about how they were going to pay for her new engine. When she asked me what I meant I simply told her that I wasn't paying for or doing the requisite engine rebuild.

Top Bottom