• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Speaking of movies, I came across a business article recently that was shocking to me. I had no idea that:

In 2022, the global gaming industry generated an estimated $184.4 billion.

• In 2022, the global recorded music industry generated $26.2 billion.

• In 2022, the global movie industry generated $26 billion in box office revenue.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Been awhile for me too. I don't think I've been to a Cracker Barrel since before the pandemic. Can't imagine what a good breakfast would cost now.

Around $18 + tip, unfortunately.

Speaking of movies, I came across a business article recently that was shocking to me. I had no idea that:

In 2022, the global gaming industry generated an estimated $184.4 billion.

• In 2022, the global recorded music industry generated $26.2 billion.

• In 2022, the global movie industry generated $26 billion in box office revenue.

Nerdrotic on YT has great videos talking about Hollywood:

The unfortunate part of the gaming industry being so huge is that they've been going through and continue to go through woke BS. Right now pretty much all games are woke AF.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Around $18 + tip, unfortunately.

Nerdrotic on YT has great videos talking about Hollywood:

The unfortunate part of the gaming industry being so huge is that they've been going through and continue to go through woke BS. Right now pretty much all games are woke AF.

I've been seeing those Furiosa trailers for awhile and I still can't decide if it's supposed to be a comedy or not. I mean seriously... "The Great Dementus"?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I've been seeing those Furiosa trailers for awhile and I still can't decide if it's supposed to be a comedy or not. I mean seriously... "The Great Dementus"?

After listening to Nerdrotic and The Critical Drinker, my understanding is it's a decent movie about a character no one cares about. Both are correct that a Mad Max movie should be about Mad Max, not some female side character.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    After listening to Nerdrotic and The Critical Drinker, my understanding is it's a decent movie about a character no one cares about. Both are correct that a Mad Max movie should be about Mad Max, not some female side character.
    Isn't it supposed to be a prequel to the Mad Max movies?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Isn't it supposed to be a prequel to the Mad Max movies?

Yes, however, both Nerdrotic and Critical Drinker say the reason the movie bombed at the box office was it was a Mad Max movie without Mad Max and I agree with them. They made a movie about a side character no one wanted a full movie for and then are surprised when no one showed up to watch it. When people see Mad Max in the movie title, they want to see Mad Max, not some female side character no one gave a :poop: about. Another Hollywood girl boss that no one asked for or wanted to see.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Do they even know who their customer demographic is?
    The marketing department and DEI divisions have a bunch of recent indoctrinated college grads that have no idea of what we, on INGO, would call common sense know, think they are going to make the brand grow because they were taught this crap in the ivory towers. They don’t understand that what they were taught in those towers is the offensive side of the culture wars, and they are pawns and there may be ramifications they were not told of in school.

Bud Light Marketing VP Alissa Heinerscheid was explicit about wanting to send to younger beer drinkers a message of “inclusivity” that “appealed to both men and women” because the core message to its customers featured “fratty, kind of out of touch humor.” But by sending that particular inclusivity message to younger beer drinkers, Bud Light turned a fault line into a fissure between its brand and (apparently) 25% of its customers who didn’t think of themselves as ‘out of touch.”

I would be interested to hear what Alissa thinks now in her private personal thoughts. I hope she learned that she was not taught the full Monty and resents those that failed her educationally but I suspect she is probably bitter and hateful of those she deems inferior to her…

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The marketing department and DEI divisions have a bunch of recent indoctrinated college grads that have no idea of what we, on INGO, would call common sense know, think they are going to make the brand grow because they were taught this crap in the ivory towers. They don’t understand that what they were taught in those towers is the offensive side of the culture wars, and they are pawns and there may be ramifications they were not told of in school.

Bud Light Marketing VP Alissa Heinerscheid was explicit about wanting to send to younger beer drinkers a message of “inclusivity” that “appealed to both men and women” because the core message to its customers featured “fratty, kind of out of touch humor.” But by sending that particular inclusivity message to younger beer drinkers, Bud Light turned a fault line into a fissure between its brand and (apparently) 25% of its customers who didn’t think of themselves as ‘out of touch.”

I would be interested to hear what Alissa thinks now in her private personal thoughts. I hope she learned that she was not taught the full Monty and resents those that failed her educationally but I suspect she is probably bitter and hateful of those she deems inferior to her…

Another way of putting it, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. BL was the number one beer for a long time. It didn't need to be fixed.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Another way of putting it, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. BL was the number one beer for a long time. It didn't need to be fixed.
    This I can’t get behind because they were already losing market share to others and analysts were expecting Modelo to surpass them in a few years. But this blunder accelerated that trend instead of reversing it.

Top Bottom