• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I don't even care about retailers charging less for cash. I don't care if online retailers charge extra for shipping. If price is a consideration, it's the total price we care about, right?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I spent about 5 minutes on DDG. The total fees that Visa (the only card we carry) charges retailers is 1.34% to 3.39%, with a (legal) maximum of 4%. Any surcharge from the retailer at all would cause me to consider that additional cost when comparing vendors. Anything over 4% gets me on the horn to the FTC.

giphy.webp

Bring a check or cash = no additional cost.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Well I just looked at Disney. Seems go woke go broke never affected them. They still turning profits, this past year 3% profit and brought in even more money. Some areas they lost, other areas went up. But over all any boycotts and what ever didn’t phase them. If people wanted to hurt Disney they could just stop going, buying and it appears few care. I was disappointed when I reviewed the numbers.

There are plenty of people willing to gobble up the crap they're spewing, unfortunately.

I was talking to a good friend of mine the other day. Great guy, good friend. Thought he was a solid conservative until this conversation. He asked if I'd seen the 3rd season of the Mandalorian and I told him I hadn't. I said I was against having a subscription for Disney+ as I think they're pushing a Leftist agenda and I had heard from multiple sources that season 3 of the Mandalorian was pretty woke. He told me I was wrong and that he didn't let politics get in the way of him watching entertainment. I said I wish I could say that, but when I'm beat over the head with Leftist propaganda, I can't enjoy the supposed entertainment. I think there are too many people that watch this content and just let the woke :poop: wash over them... :(

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Or, c) find a vendor who doesn't charge a cc fee.
    This is the disconnect right here. They ALL charge a CC fee, ALL of them. Only the places that have a sign offer an option. What really irks me is that those of us that pay cash should not have to participate in the CC schemes whereby the retailer collects a fee, sends it to the CC company, they give the consumer a pittance back.

You have this all backwards. If you want to play the CC rewards game why does the price I pay have to be increased. If ANYONE is getting cheated it is cash purchasers, not you CC users. Your complaint makes little sense because those that really are getting taken are the cash customers getting charged 4% built in to cover CC fees…

Reactions: KLB

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I have absolutely no problem with a business charging what they need to charge to make money.

My sister used to be really big on businesses charging more for credit card purchases (she’s mellowed out about it now), but I used to tell her when she was ranting about some place she went having a cash discount/charging more for CC purchases “if you like going there, STFU, if you don’t like going there, DON’T ****ING GO THERE”!!!!

It’s not, and never should have been rocket science, but some people don’t understand that a business is actually there to make someone money.
    It seems to me that the obvious solution is to set the price such that the CC transaction fee is incorporated, and then offer a cash discount.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Well I just looked at Disney. Seems go woke go broke never affected them. They still turning profits, this past year 3% profit and brought in even more money. Some areas they lost, other areas went up. But over all any boycotts and what ever didn’t phase them. If people wanted to hurt Disney they could just stop going, buying and it appears few care. I was disappointed when I reviewed the numbers.

They are also well short of the cash needed for the forced Hulu/comcast deal they made.

You do not start selling your assets(ESPN may be one soon)if you are financially secure.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

They are also well short of the cash needed for the forced Hulu/comcast deal they made.

You do not start selling your assets(ESPN may be one soon)if you are financially secure.
    Not all a simple stock filing that are manipulated…

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Top Bottom