• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I've seen one of those on a Glock trigger.
    the guy I knew who had it on his Glock did
    it not for safety but because he would buy
    any and every accessory or option that you
    could get for a glock...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Finally an idea who's time has come! You have to put your finger in the trigger guard to engage the safety. Nothing could go wrong there, especially if the gun is loaded!
    ^^ This is the first thing I thought about as well. Pushing a button that's attached to the trigger on a loaded gun to make it "safe" is a recipe for disaster. Just purchase a different gun that has a better designed safety factory installed that is not mounted on the trigger. I am all for customizing guns to fit various people's needs, but I draw the line at a trigger mounted push button safety. I can't believe this made it to production. I say fail in epic proportions.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I've seen one of those on a Glock trigger.
    the guy I knew who had it on his Glock did
    it not for safety but because he would buy
    any and every accessory or option that you
    could get for a glock...

Some folks do love their gadgets.. I remove the extended slide stop from any Glock I get but I've put a number of them on for people. Brings to mind a pic that was posted here on INGO a while back. Everything BUT a siderlock. As I've said before, to each his own:dunno:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduateCertified Glock armorer
    NRA Certified pistol instructor1911 Mechanic

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    SIDERLOCK | The Additional Safety for Glock pistols

Wrong! I had a Siderlock installed on the new G21SF Gen 4 I picked up at the gun show today. The reason I had it installed is that the hang up I have always had with Glocks is the lack of anything other than a gentle trigger pull to keep them from firing in an unintentional manner. I train to always maintain my trigger discipline, if I drop a gun, I let it hit or break the fall with my foot so I don't grab the trigger, but accidents happen. I bought it to guard against the minute possibility of causing the gun to go off unintentionally while not holstered, I only intend to engage the lock when NOT carrying the pistol but when I still need to have it out and accessible, such as now when I am sitting here on my computer. The disengaging of it is simple as you simply brush the side of the trigger to release it then continue sliding the finger onto the trigger and pull back. I never liked Glocks until I shot a G21 and finding a cheap low round count gen 4 was amazing, this device allows me to get around my mental block of "the trigger is too light, need safety" that goes off in my head when I think about a Glock. Now, even though I do not intend to carry with that device engaged it still shuts up that voice in my head. I am happy with it so far, but I want to know what your opinions are. My mind is made up on the issue, but I still want to know what your opinions are on these. Does anyone else use one of these? BTW, showed it to Que, I'm not sure he liked it. Haha.

I'm not sure I get the idea of, I carry the same gun I always carry, but I have the safety engaged when I carry or have the gun like this, but at these other times I carry it in this condition.

If you want to carry a gun with an external mechanical safety, that is a matter of choice, and I have no issue with that. My concern would be the inconsistency of carry/condition that you mention. But then again, that is why I don't carry multiple platforms of guns with different systems of operations. I've centered on one platform of handgun, and carry in the same condition all the time.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    While Ro'n at ECPR I have shot a 22/23 with this trigger safety. The guy asked me to see if the sights were off and I put a few down range.(the sights were right on btw). However on this one Glock with that trigger that was installed at a gun show, doubled on me. I don't know what all was done to this gun, but the customer said it never happened to him. Sacred the crap out of me...
    I own a few Glocks and shoot them well. The regulars and and other staff all know this.

Glock firearms are a proven design, if you don't like the features or lack there of, then other gun manufactures have what would better suit you.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Some folks do love their gadgets.. I remove the extended slide stop from any Glock I get but I've put a number of them on for people. Brings to mind a pic that was posted here on INGO a while back. Everything BUT a siderlock. As I've said before, to each his own:dunno:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduateCertified Glock armorer
    NRA Certified pistol instructor1911 Mechanic

What? No bayonet?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    tumblr_mewqz7JYUJ1qjwuggo1_400.gif

Keep your finger and anything else off the trigger and you will have no issues of it firing when you don't want it to. I still standby saying an external safety leaves people to becoming complacent. "My gun is more safe because the safety is on"....FYI, my safety never comes off on accident ;)

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    I too am concerned that I will inadvertently stick my finger into the trigger guard and yank the trigger back without meaning to. I now carry my magazine in one pocket, the slide in another, the frame in a custom-made leather belt pouch, and just to be extra safe I've stored the barrel, guide rod, and spring in my safe deposit box.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom