• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Only an engineer would think to himself, "Let's put a safety on a gun that is not designed to have one and violate one of the four rules when you want to engage/disengage it."

:facepalm:

No, Gaston Glock was an engineer and many many other engineers I know think that the drop dead function of the Glock design is perfection. We tend to favour what works, and not what looks or feels "pretty". This was pushed by some enterprising person who wanted to start a business but, somewhere, somehow, he just didn't like Glocks as they are.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Finally an idea who's time has come! You have to put your finger in the trigger guard to engage the safety. Nothing could go wrong there, especially if the gun is loaded!

Agreed. A solution to a non-existent problem. If you are concerned, get an XD. Putting your finger in the trigger guard, let alone ON the trigger, is stupid at best.

Bob

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Seems there's more AD with glocks, than guns with a safety

Any gun without a manual safety is more unforgiving of bad trigger discipline than a gun with an engaged manual safety. You have less NDs, but the underlying problem still exists.

xcore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Mooresville
    that voice gets me as well even tho i am positive i put the safety on, one reason I enjoy carrying my Taurus .357 no more voice

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Silly question, but wouldn't it be easier to install a NY trigger if a person is worried about the trigger pull?

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It depends on how much you train and how you train. Most training will never make you ready for the hair raising action of a real threat. I found that I would accidental fire off a shot early with SA only firearm. Under pressure I cannot tell the difference between a 4 lb and 6 lb pull. I don't want to have to deal with making a trigger mistake under pressure. Seeing how I do not have the time to immerse myself in a weekly training program that would duplicate real life situations I have found myself to be much more comfortable with a DA/SA semi-auto.

Yes, it is proven that the first shot is usually not as accurate as the second, but under pressure, many people miss the first shot anyway. DA, like a revolver, takes a real intent to make the first shot.

My carry now is either a DA/SA Sig or a revolver.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I dumped my Glock for that reason and the firing pin spring always under tension.
    When Kingsbary range was closed. My glock sat in my drawer.
    I did not know of other ranges and I was at work 12 hours a day.
    when Kingsbary opened. I went out to fire off a couple.
    I fired 3 shots and my Glock malfunctioned. The primer was not hit.
    The spring lost tension sitting compressed.

The trigger safety could fail if you are wearing gloves. if something you are wearing interferes with replacing your glock in the holster and snags the trigger and safety.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I dumped my Glock for that reason and the firing pin spring always under tension.
    When Kingsbary range was closed. My glock sat in my drawer.
    I did not know of other ranges and I was at work 12 hours a day.
    when Kingsbary opened. I went out to fire off a couple.
    I fired 3 shots and my Glock malfunctioned. The primer was not hit.
    The spring lost tension sitting compressed.

The trigger safety could fail if you are wearing gloves. if something you are wearing interferes with replacing your glock in the holster and snags the trigger and safety.

Bull****. The striker is held at half cock. Springs don't wear out from being compressed.

Bull****. I call bull****

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Springs wear out from being compressed and then relaxed, compressed then relaxed, compressed then relaxed, or the reverse of course, going from relaxed to compressed over and again. That is what makes a spring fail. If however you leave a spring either compressed or relaxed all the time, it will be fine until you need it. This is of course if it is a quality spring like most handguns use these days in them and their magazines. If however you have a cheap spring then constant compression will cause it not to fail so much as to fail to relax uniformly when called on to do so. It will eventually spring back but that doesn't help much when someone is shooting at you and your pistol isn't feeding rounds.

At least I think this is what Cpt. Nervous was saying. :)

saleen4971

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    East Side Indy
    lol @ that gif - every one of my firearms is stored with the safety in its "FIRE" position - glock has no safety, so having one firearm with it "off" and the rest "on" is a bad idea IMO.

plus....cmon....glocks are ugly enough :D

Top Bottom