• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waddell6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2008
    Indiana
    I have only owned one pistol, a Glock 23. It is six years old and i can honestly say in that time i have put thousands of rounds through it, and never the first problem. The issue is i am really bored with it but im scared to buy anything else because for one, im not a rich man, and two why get rid of something that has performed flawlessly? Anyone have any suggestions?:dunno:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Unless there's something you find undesirable enough to try something else, stick with the G23.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Buy a factory Glock 9mm barrel... Might help you get unbowed with it to shoot less costly ammo. That and you need to find a local range that hosts IDPA or USPSA matches that may be enough to renew your spark for that gun.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Buy a factory Glock 9mm barrel...

That's a great idea, but not sure he'd want to ask for a Glock factory barrel though... I don't think a barrel for a G19 would work.. He probably needs too order a 9mm conversion barrel (aftermarket) for a G23.

If more versatility would be wanted after adding the 9mm option, a factory barrel in .357 sig would be another option.

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I have only owned one pistol, a Glock 23. It is six years old and i can honestly say in that time i have put thousands of rounds through it, and never the first problem. The issue is i am really bored with it but im scared to buy anything else because for one, im not a rich man, and two why get rid of something that has performed flawlessly? Anyone have any suggestions?:dunno:

Just be happy that you got it right the first time, Seriously....

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I think you made a great choice for your first pistol. I think that if we as gun owners were allowed to own one handgun (scary thought, I know) I think there would be a lot of people out there with Glock 23 & 19s. It's hard to beat a compact Glock.

Last edited:

GLOCK1982

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    PARKE CO.
    Could try investing some different styles, shapes, and distances of targets. There are a lot of need things out there for little money compared to the cost of a new gun that might make target practice more interesting while still keeping the comfort of having that Glock for the past six years.

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Get involved with sport shooting. It will increase your desire to shoot and humble you on your choice of firearm. I am currently on my 7th Glock. :ar15:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Get an Advantage Arms Conversion kit for the 23. It will allow you to shoot .22 LR, and focus on fundamentals and shoot a lot more. You keep the same lower end and just swap the top end, and so your practice/training all applies to your main pistol function. You can swap it during a range session and shoot some full power loads before you are done for the day.

I have one for my 27 and will be picking one up for the 23 in the near term.

Leave some $ to buy additional mags for it as well. I have a total of 6 for my kit for the 27 currently.

Last edited:

Will H

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Tennessee
    The first thing you should do imo is, like others have said, feel good about your choice. While I prefer Beretta, that is a fine firearm. Having a solid and dependable firearm really helps to free you up to look at the hobby aspect of firearms. I also agree with the .22 thing, but if you are interested in sparking other interests, and you are as broke as I am you might want to check out these.

Heritage Manufacturing Co Revolvers

Yeah, they are cheap, but a lot better made than most guns on the low end. I have bought one for myself, and one for my dad and we both enjoy them a lot. Besides, there is nothing quite like a little single action cowboy shooting to change things up a bit.

NightCrawler101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    NE indy
    Keep the block you will regret selling it. The .22 conversion is lots of fun I can go shoot a thousand rounds in an afternoon and only spend $40. Can't beat that for fun!

ddavidson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Clermont, IN

That is currently the same and only handgun I have. I am sort of looking for something to add to start my collection. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a 1911 but I'm still out on which to get.

Like some have suggested, some kind of .22 might be good. I'm looking for a couple of 10/22s so my sons and I can have "contests" at the range, along with getting involved in Appleseed.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I would suggest either look up Lone Wolf and see what they can do with your Glock or get a Gen 4 or get a different caliber

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Advantage arms .22 conversion kit. Add a threaded barrel and suppressor later.

IMAG0438.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Advantage arms .22 conversion kit. Add a threaded barrel and suppressor later.

IMAG0438.jpg

Nice! I had not noticed that AA offered threaded barrels, but checked out their parts list and see it now.

I love my AA kit for the 27, and just picked up another one for my 23 yesterday.

Last edited:

nvb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    if you like the polymer guns, i think the factory trigger is better on both the xdm and the m&p. i have read good things about the sig 2022 and the cz phantom also but have not shot them so can't really recommend them. might be something to look into though if you want to try something other than striker fire.

Top Bottom