• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Feeling good in your hand is a good first step, but you really need to know it feels when you shoot it.

The most ergonomic pistol on the planet isn't any good if if the recoil flips it into your forehead every shot.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Ok, well, I think i've narrowed it down to either a 17 or a 22. Now, what about price wise? And also around here that I can purchase from!? I'm in Huntington, and I know of at least 4 places I can go(Am willing to drive as far as Bluffton and Ft. Wayne). I know where I can get a Glock 22 for $499, thats 2x factory 15 round mags, Glock hard case, and a couple other things. But in terms of the Glock 17, I havent been able to locate one(At least not at places that i've been to lately). I'll have about $700 to play with here, and that has to get me a: Glock, Ammo(both Personal Protection, and FMJ's), and a Holster(think I know where I can get the one I want for about $30).

Bring your security credentials and your LTCH and go to Jenkins Supply in Indy. You can get a G17 or a G22 for $400 with three magazines.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Thanks for making it painfully clear you didn't even read the thread or his requirements... unless they make those in 5in versions...

Actually, they do... as referenced in one of my earlier posts when he mentioned the 5" requirement :D

Edit: Oops, gotta check myself. I didn't mention them, since he also said DA was a requirement.

So, just to share the info, both the XD and the M&P are made in 5 inch versions, the Tactical for the XD, I think it's the Pro for the M&P. If memory serves, the Glock 17L is also a 5 inch gun.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I remember reading somewhere (probably a Massad Ayoob article) that carrying the same gun/ammo as your local LEO is easier to defend in court if you are involved in a shooting. Guessing that between your local police, sherriff dept. or IN State Police, somebody is carrying the G22. Might be worth thinking about.

Also, I'm finding .40 Federal FMJ ammo (formerly Blaser) in stock at WalMart more often than 9mm. Price is slightly more than 9mm, but a whole lot cheaper than .45 ACP. Some people say that it is dirtier that Winchester, but I've been shooting Federal/Blazer in my G17L for months without problems. Since it is not a gun I carry for personal protection, I clean it only 1-2X per year.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Bring your security credentials and your LTCH and go to Jenkins Supply in Indy. You can get a G17 or a G22 for $400 with three magazines.

D'oh! I should've thought of that. $398.20 + tax is an excellent deal.

You don't HAVE to go to Jenkins, but you do need to see a Glock LEO/Mil dealer in your area to get the deal.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I went to Jenkins here in Ft. Wayne, and they won't sell it to me.

Why not?

Back when I worked Loss Prevention I went to Pop's with a letter on company letterhead that stated my position in the company. They ordered the Glock 19 and I received it a few weeks later.

Charles Church

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Andrews, IN
    Even though I am with the security company, I am not of age. I told them my situation, and he told me "I can only sell to Law Enforcement..". I asked him if I could have my father come in and sign for it if I had a letterhead from my company, and I still get the LEO disscount, he said no can do. SO, i'm s.o.l. there. Could have gotten a Glock 17 or a 22, with 3x mags for $362 at the Law Enforcement Disscount!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Actually, they do... as referenced in one of my earlier posts when he mentioned the 5" requirement :D

Edit: Oops, gotta check myself. I didn't mention them, since he also said DA was a requirement.

So, just to share the info, both the XD and the M&P are made in 5 inch versions, the Tactical for the XD, I think it's the Pro for the M&P. If memory serves, the Glock 17L is also a 5 inch gun.

Right, but the OP said he had an exception for the Glock and the one I quoted just blindly put XD/M&P.... as he always does... mostly because someone titled a thread Glock Suggestions

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom