glock single stack 9mm on the way this year?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The Glock single stack you are hoping for has been talk about for a number of years and even if it comes out in January it will take and other year or longer to get enough supply to get to see one at your lgs, there are so many great options out there right now even though that I like Glock a lot I wouldn't even try to get one due to people paying crazy prices for them.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Dude looks like a cross between the missing Olsen twin, and a Troll doll from the sixties. Why do we need a Glock single stack 9mm when the models 19 and or 26 work just fine?!?

Yeah! For that matter why do you even need a handgun when we have rifles?! People certainly don't have different circumstances that make different weapons more attractive based on their specific needs.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Have no interest in the 42 but would have to give the single stack 9MM a look!
    I thought I would have no interest in a 42 until I tinkered with one for a guy and after I shot it I was really impressed. It's the only 380 I have (or have ever had) but for what it is, it's impressive along with being VERY low recoil for such a small pistol. And with the Ghost +2 mag extension it fills your hand very nicely.
    As one other poster said, if Glock were making single stack 9s today it would be a year before you had a chance to get one for a reasonable price.. The shield is a nice setup but for someone that doesn't care for it take a look at a Bersa BP 9CC.. I've never owned a Bersa before this one but after looking it over and feeling the trigger I decided to see what it was like.. I'm really impressed with it and I have a couple hundred rounds without through mine without issues and accuracy is excellent. Not attempting to threadjack just putting my :twocents: in on the subject of a single stack 9.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT] Certified Glock armorer

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Dude looks like a cross between the missing Olsen twin, and a Troll doll from the sixties. Why do we need a Glock single stack 9mm when the models 19 and or 26 work just fine?!?

Kinda my thinking: Same with the Shield vs. M&P compact: Shot and had both and for the life of me, I can't justify the marginal difference in thickness for the loss of rounds. With handguns already on the bubble of "will it stop?" why sacrifice more and more rounds under the idea of "it's thinner and hides easier". Lose some weight, get a DECENT OWB holster that's tight to the body, carry appendix, something. Too many folks wanting to short themselves on rounds to make something marginally easier to carry. More of the "train the gun around you" rather than "train yourself around the gun" that the industry touts more and more these days.

If someone can't hide a G26 or 19 sized gun, they need to reevaluate how they are carry, and I don't subscribe to pocket carry. :D

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Tens of thousands of 1911 fans have no issue of "limiting" themselves to 7 or 8 rounds in their carry gun. I'm of the belief that shot placement trumps everything and have carried a J frame with confidence for many years. Marginal differences in thickness and length of frame on a concealed carry pistol aren't really marginal. Small differences can have a big impact on the ability to conceal effectively with a wider variety of clothing choices. I've owned a couple of G27's and G23's. I like to shoot them and they aren't bad to carry but for my body and the way I dress they do not conceal well for me. A single stack 9mm, if dimensionally reduced over a G27 would allow me to conceal it much easier and would definitely be a substantial improvement. To date, the Kahr PM9 is my favorite pistol to carry concealed due to it's size and weight. Unfortunately the long trigger reset has always presented a concern since I have tens of thousands of rounds through Glock pistols and maybe 1500 through the Kahr. Consistency is everything (for me) so a single stack, dimensionally reduced Glock pistol in a 9mm or .40 would be well worth the investment to me.

Everyone is different as are their priorities. If "one size fits all" were true of handguns we wouldn't see the tremendous selections currently available on the market, it wouldn't be worth the time and money the manufacturers spend in R&D. Fortunately it isn't true and more variety means an increased ability for almost everyone to find something that works for them. There are plenty of pistols on the market I wouldn't use as a paperweight but the proof is in the pudding. I've seen people carry and shoot those pistols and I sure wouldn't want to be the target of their decision to shoot nor will I criticize the decisions they've made for themselves. It's all subjective.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    After seeing the new Ruger LC9s Glk maybe behind in the single stack market w/striker fired pistol ??

I coonfingered the LC9s at my LGS the other day. Although not as horrible as the LC9 or LC380, the trigger was not very good. I wasn't impressed with it at all.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    There is no plan at Glock to introduce a single stack 9mm anytime soon.

Well, they had no intention of introducing a single stack .380 either. They were absolutely convinced that they wouldn't sell. That's obviously not been the case with the 42. I'm pretty confident in my source which indicates a 9mm version is being considered if not designed.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would imagine there is a concern among the muckety mucks at Glock about going full Smith & Wesson by making 9,876 models of pistols. I worked at Galyan's during the Smith & Wesson "Model Wheel" days.

With "CCW"ing being legal everywhere in the USA, an enormous market, you would think the 9mm single stack would sell. YMMV.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I personally hope that glock makes one. When they do there will be a flood of S&W shields hitting the market with 200 or 300 rounds through them that I'll be buying up. Then once the honeymoon with the new glock is over I'll buy one of those once the price settles down. There is a solid market for a single stack 9mm's, but that doesn't mean I'd be desperate enough to actually buy the Ruger.

Top Bottom