• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    When I clicked on this thread I thought "Glock Release" was what certain fanboys did in private moments. Lol.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Got to handle one this morning. Meh. The finger grooves were never much of an issue for me anyway, so it just feels like a slightly modified Gen 4. They were already reliable, so I'm not sure what the Gen 5 will bring to the table other than a better texture and lack of the finger grooves.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Better sights than Glock has offered from the factory, a better trigger, better slide coating, flared magwell, more accurate barrel and more manageable recoil.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Got to handle one this morning. Meh. The finger grooves were never much of an issue for me anyway, so it just feels like a slightly modified Gen 4. They were already reliable, so I'm not sure what the Gen 5 will bring to the table other than a better texture and lack of the finger grooves.

Just curious, was this at a local shop that already had them? If so, what were they going for?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Just curious, was this at a local shop that already had them? If so, what were they going for?

This was at PointBlank in Greenwood. It was a G19 I handled, but I don't recall what they were looking to get for it. TT is probably right regarding the price.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    got this email friday...

This is a special time in the history of GLOCK. On August 30, GLOCK, Inc. will be announcing the launch of our new G17 Gen5 and G19 Gen5 pistols. Because you are a member of GLOCK ID, we wanted you to hear the news first, from us, before the general public finds out.
    The G17 Gen5 and G19 Gen5 pistols were inspired by the GLOCK M pistols used by the FBI and include many features the GLOCK community has been asking for. There are over 20 design changes which differentiate our Gen5 pistols from their Gen4 predecessors, including a flared mag-well, a new nDLC finish, the GLOCK Marksman Barrel, ambidextrous slide stop levers, and a grip which has no finger grooves.

These pistols will be available at your favorite GLOCK dealer beginning August 30. We hope you will go in to see them and try them.

Thank you for your continued support.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    got this email friday...

This is a special time in the history of GLOCK. On August 30, GLOCK, Inc. will be announcing the launch of our new G17 Gen5 and G19 Gen5 pistols. Because you are a member of GLOCK ID, we wanted you to hear the news first, from us, before the general public finds out.
    The G17 Gen5 and G19 Gen5 pistols were inspired by the GLOCK M pistols used by the FBI and include many features the GLOCK community has been asking for. There are over 20 design changes which differentiate our Gen5 pistols from their Gen4 predecessors, including a flared mag-well, a new nDLC finish, the GLOCK Marksman Barrel, ambidextrous slide stop levers, and a grip which has no finger grooves.

These pistols will be available at your favorite GLOCK dealer beginning August 30. We hope you will go in to see them and try them.

Thank you for your continued support.

Got this as well, and having not been on GlockTalk that much in a while, I was a bit surprised these were already out there and available.

I'll have to check one out. I've been carrying my 43 almost exclusively, but have carried my 19 and other models in the past, and may have to check this out.

Also been waiting for S&W to give the M&P 9C the 2.0 treatment.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I've never seen a factory glock come with so much of the copper grease. Anyone else seen this?
    BV1qPGp.jpg

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I wonder what their rationale is for using the copper grease. I've seen a dab on mine in the past, but it looks like they are using it hear as a basic break in lube. On most of the guns I buy, I'm used to stripping every bit of lube off the gun upon delivery and replacing what is really nothing more than a preservative with a good lube. Glock seems to assume that the user will just shoot the gun as delivered and goes to the extra step to make sure that there's a decent lube in specific spots from the start. I wonder what the copper grease does that any other grease doesn't do. Could be that they use copper for the indicator aspect of being very visible. Nice to see that they ship them ready to shoot though.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    No but congrats on the new blaster, shoot it yet!? I want the new 19 bad!!

I have now shot my own but it hadnt been shot when that pic was taken.
    I shot a demo gen5 and now my own. I love the gen5. I loved the gen4 and didn't think it could get any better but it did.

88 I've always just left the factory grease on my glocks but never had one this greased up from glock. I don't know if they sell the copper grease but if they did I'd probably buy some. It seems very resilient from the glocks I've owned over the years.
    I think glocks are the only factory gun I've never cleaned or lubed befire shooting when I've bought them new.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I wonder what their rationale is for using the copper grease. I've seen a dab on mine in the past, but it looks like they are using it hear as a basic break in lube. On most of the guns I buy, I'm used to stripping every bit of lube off the gun upon delivery and replacing what is really nothing more than a preservative with a good lube. Glock seems to assume that the user will just shoot the gun as delivered and goes to the extra step to make sure that there's a decent lube in specific spots from the start. I wonder what the copper grease does that any other grease doesn't do. Could be that they use copper for the indicator aspect of being very visible. Nice to see that they ship them ready to shoot though.

Mrgunsngear just got one and his rear sight was almost falling off!

Top Bottom