• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I just don't understand the need for such a large grip. It's not due to the magazine. I have a Taurus 24/7 .45 that has 12 round mags and the grip on it feels great.

The Glock's grip "girth" is, to some extent, due to the magazines. The Glock mags are polymer with a metal liner, which makes them thicker and necessitates a wider grip than something like a 24/7, M&P or XD, which uses thinner all-metal magazines.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just don't understand the need for such a large grip. It's not due to the magazine. I have a Taurus 24/7 .45 that has 12 round mags and the grip on it feels great. It is much smaller. The G21 is 13 rounds. The extra round isnt really worth it for me.
    Jury is still out for me.

Give a G23 or a G32 a try. The .40 and .357 barrels are interchangable and can use the same 13rnd mags. Get a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and KCI G19 15rnd mags and now you have 3 calibers in one gun. :yesway:

Sanguine Samurai

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Indiana
    Another factor in the grip "girth" is the hollow area behind the magazine well. I heard or read someone say it was an exhost port or something to that extent. Anyway the grip would definitly be smaller if Glock had thought of a way around it. Something about the grip bothered me when I first got interested in glocks as well, but, the more I held one the more cofortable it became. I finnally talked myself into a glock 23 last Thursday. No complaints so far.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Thank you all for the info. I'm going to keep looking and trying, now that I've had a chance to shoot one. I really was impressed with the function of the 21. If all work the same way, I may just end up with one in my safe or on my hip.

Also to me anyway the subcompcts just feel better then the compacts and fulls.

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    I have the g26 and g27. Each has one factory floor plate and one pinky extension mag.I also carry the g36 single stack. Not many rounds but very comfortable.I have owned the g26 and 36 twice now.SO I guess that is what i have settled into.I also have a kimber .Great gun but glocks are lighter with very managable recoil.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Yes, I still DON'T like the hand grips.

Are all Glocks molded with the same, ham handed grips?

I've tasted the koolaid, but still not sure if I want to drink the whole glass....:D

You don't have to drink the whole glass...besides, the Glock isn't the problem, its you. :D

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Come on Sally put your skirt up. If this girl can handle that huge grip you can!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCuvmbeX8t0&feature=related]YouTube - McKenzie - 11yo Girl at Shooting Range #1 of #3[/ame]

cqcn88

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I carry a G19 and my brother uses the G23. I have really small hands for a guy and I love the compact frame grips. No idea what yall are complainin about.

Gillclaypot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Muncie,IN
    A glock can be fired with 2 fingers they say.thumb around the back and 1st finger in the trigger guard. I was also told that one can pull the trigger with the middle finger. I would not try this unless out doors with the backstop very near me.He was trying to prove that they dont kick where one does need a full grip on the glock.His sales pitch. He is a police trainer and a glock armor.

mongo404

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Frankfort
    You are doing the right thing. You need to try them all before you make a decision. There is nothing worse than buying one and the find one little thing that you dont like. Then It sits in the safe until you deside to get rid of it. I drank the kool-aid a few years ago. And have consumed alot since then. Carry a 23 and shoot a 24 and 35 in comp. If you have mid to large hand. I personally would not recomend the sub-compct. The best thing about them is there reliability. Another great thing about them is almost all modifications or add ons are drop in. My :twocents:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    A glock can be fired with 2 fingers they say.thumb around the back and 1st finger in the trigger guard. I was also told that one can pull the trigger with the middle finger. I would not try this unless out doors with the backstop very near me.He was trying to prove that they dont kick where one does need a full grip on the glock.His sales pitch. He is a police trainer and a glock armor.

I've done a very loose grip while pulling the trigger with my middle finger on my Glock 27. It kind of surprised me because it didn't feel like it moved that much.

Top Bottom