Glock No Longer Selling Standard Capacity Mags to Civilians?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    There's a thread on M4Carbine.net about one of the members calling Glock directly to see about getting some more magazines. He was informed that standard capacity magazines are now being sold to LE only.

They mentioned standard capacity mags will still come with new pistols.

I wonder if this is temporary to make sure they can supply first responders during this shortage. I would assume so, but Glock didn't tell the guy that.

Also, in a not-so-related story, my son is a first responder (firefighter) in Raleigh, NC and he told me last week that Glock won't sell to LEOs/first responders in NC or SC (no special pricing deal like the rest of the 57 states).

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Probably filling contracts and back orders before anything else, would be my guess.
    I'd say that's a good guess. :)
    However since Glock considered the ten round limitation on their large frame guns in the 90's to be absolutely stupid, I will be surprised if they make any seven round mags to placate the idiot politicians in New York.

Bollorollo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I wouldn't believe everything you read unless it comes from a official source posted like Glock themself plus have read it then can post the officail document/source here yourself or even CALL them yourself to find out first hand and not take some hear say from another form by someone you don't know. Well my brothers best friends, sisters, dads, mothers whos childhood friend said etc... If you have an articial by Glock then post it so we can see if it is true or not. Let your fingers do the walking Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202 Here is Glocks Phone number.

Last edited:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In 1989 there was a tremendous amount of disinformation being thrown about including the infamous "Mini-14CM for closed magazine" which I heard from more than several dealers in order to inflate prices on existing prices.

I find it amusing that 25 years later we are facing the same tricks.:D

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    Wow , that could get expensive if you had to buy a new pistol every time you want a couple mags!
    I'm sure once things calm down a bit, the will open back up to the civilian market.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'll bet another dollar for a donut that the following is fact and not opinion: If only certain magazine capacities, certain ammo, certain weapons, certain technologies be available to the government, then this is an obvious infringement of the 2nd Amendment. Our forefathers wanted us "equal" as to not permit an evil government to enslave its people.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Sounds like a business opportunity....

I'll bet another dollar for a donut that the following is fact and not opinion: If only certain magazine capacities, certain ammo, certain weapons, certain technologies be available to the government, then this is an obvious infringement of the 2nd Amendment. Our forefathers wanted us "equal" as to not permit an evil government to enslave its people.

Read post #8.

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Guys,

I'm a Glock armorer. Unlike most handgun manufacturers, Glock DOES NOT sell magazines directly to the civilian market - any capacity. Any non-LEO that needs a magazine must purchase it from one of the local stocking dealers.

Glock will sell directly to LEOs.

Right now, even for armorers, most magazines (regardless of capacity) are on indefinite back order with an anticipated 3-4 week wait as are other select parts. Those that they still have are being bundled with new pistols.

If you need a magazine, any Glock dealer can place a custom order for you and you'll be able to pick it up when the part becomes available.

Top Bottom