Glock No Longer Selling Standard Capacity Mags to Civilians?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    There's a thread on M4Carbine.net about one of the members calling Glock directly to see about getting some more magazines. He was informed that standard capacity magazines are now being sold to LE only.

They mentioned standard capacity mags will still come with new pistols.

I wonder if this is temporary to make sure they can supply first responders during this shortage. I would assume so, but Glock didn't tell the guy that.

Also, in a not-so-related story, my son is a first responder (firefighter) in Raleigh, NC and he told me last week that Glock won't sell to LEOs/first responders in NC or SC (no special pricing deal like the rest of the 57 states).
    Need to get the information right, "I have been to 57 states with one to go".

Wysko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    Indy, West Side.
    Guys,

I'm a Glock armorer. Unlike most handgun manufacturers, Glock DOES NOT sell magazines directly to the civilian market - any capacity. Any non-LEO that needs a magazine must purchase it from one of the local stocking dealers.

Glock will sell directly to LEOs.

Right now, even for armorers, most magazines (regardless of capacity) are on indefinite back order with an anticipated 3-4 week wait as are other select parts. Those that they still have are being bundled with new pistols.

If you need a magazine, any Glock dealer can place a custom order for you and you'll be able to pick it up when the part becomes available.

Mystery solved. Thank you Viper1973.

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Guys,

I'm a Glock armorer. Unlike most handgun manufacturers, Glock DOES NOT sell magazines directly to the civilian market - any capacity. Any non-LEO that needs a magazine must purchase it from one of the local stocking dealers.

Glock will sell directly to LEOs.

Right now, even for armorers, most magazines (regardless of capacity) are on indefinite back order with an anticipated 3-4 week wait as are other select parts. Those that they still have are being bundled with new pistols.

If you need a magazine, any Glock dealer can place a custom order for you and you'll be able to pick it up when the part becomes available.

It is worse than the above.

Just yesterday morning, I spoke with Donna McClure, Glock Customer Service Manager, and Glock is reneging on honoring Glock's promise to armorers to purchase two Glocks at LE pricing, even if so promised a year ago, as in my case. After being pressed, she deigned to allow me to purchase one. However, I would need to pay full price up front and wait 3 to 4 months (not weeks.) When I asked about magazines, which we had discussed in a telephone conversation late last year, she now said absolutely not--complete renege on promise. She went on to state that even LEOs are not permitted to purchase magazines at LE prices. Zip, zero, nada. No 3-4 month wait, just "no," including LEOs.

Nice, eh?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom