• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combsie

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Spencerville,IN
    I'd like to start this by saying I'm a XD fanboy, no Glock experience. I just picked up on trade a Gen 4 17 and was wandering what other Xd fans had to say. Other's appreciated too.

MolonLabe7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Muncie
    I have shot an XD9 and really liked it. Great gun. Just picked up a glock 19. Haven't shot it yet, but it feels great in my hands.

debruyn4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have owned a Glock 19x9 since the second year they were imported to the US, and love it. I think you'll like it. Never had a breakdown or jam.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    Both are great guns. XD feels better in my hand, so that is what I shoot. I like some of the features it has that the Glock doesn't. (grip safety, extractor spring)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    XDs feel much better in my hand than a Glock. I don't know whether its the grip angle, or width, or what.. I don't mind shooting Glocks, still think they are great guns, just prefer the XDs.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have owned a Glock 19x9 since the second year they were imported to the US, and love it.

That's an odd caliber, do you reload? :D

405953470.jpg

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Model 19 by 9mm. As far as I know a popular caliber.

I know what you meant. 9mm Luger/Parabellum is also sometimes reffered to as 9x19 and is labeled as such on Glock 17/19/26/34 slides. 19x9 would be a very short fat cartridge.

Sorry, just being a smartass. Welcome to :ingo:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    As a fan of neither the Glock platform nor the XD platform, I'd take a Glock over an XD. At least in 9mm. (I've owned both in the past, along with two different Steyr M9-A1 pistols, and a Sig P250 2SUM - all polymer framed)

:D

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'd like to start this by saying I'm a XD fanboy, no Glock experience. I just picked up on trade a Gen 4 17 and was wandering what other Xd fans had to say. Other's appreciated too.

I'd encourage you to resist the urge to be a "fanboy" of any handgun.

Adopt an impartial attitude, judge firearms on their merits, and use what works.

Fanaticism can blind one to the shortcomings/quirks/etc of any system, and it's important to realistically know/recognize those idiosyncrasies so you can work around them. It can also prevent you from recognizing the benefits of innovations when they come along.

Yes, there are some guns I appreciate more than others due to aesthetics, elegance of design, and whatnot, but at the end of the day, they're just tools.

Top Bottom