• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    Has anyone put a hogue grip sleeve on a newer style glock with the finger grooves already molded on the grip? And if so, how does it feel. Or is it even possible?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have and like it. Some folks have let me know they think it is a bad idea.

I put one on my G19 after shooting my brother-in-law's Glock and really liked his Hogue grip. I like mine.

<--------------------------------check it out

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Yes. It feels fine. Nice for shooting on the range.

Drawbacks to consider: the rubber on these sleeves is a bit "stickey" or "grippy" by design. Therefore, some find it can have a tendancy to "bunch up" a cover garment. Some find it can also have a tendancy to slow your draw/make it more difficult to get a firing grip out of the holster because your hand doesn't "slide" over the grip as easily as it does with the smoother stock plastic grip.

They're pretty cheap though, so you can try one and see how it works for you.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    skateboard tape on the sides is another favorite or TruGrip

The groves in the front fit my hand well, so I'm happy with it.

Last edited:

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    Just to make sure I was clear. The sleeve has finger grooves as does the grip itself. I have an older style glock with a sleeve on it and I love it, but I just bought a gen 3 model 21 with finger grooves molded into the grip from glock. I want to know if a sleeve with grooves will go over a gen 3 grip from glock.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    well i tried it and it fits great! the grooves one the slip on line right up with the ones on the gun. the grip does feel thicker but i like how the rubber feels, it gives more of a grip.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Just to make sure I was clear. The sleeve has finger grooves as does the grip itself. I have an older style glock with a sleeve on it and I love it, but I just bought a gen 3 model 21 with finger grooves molded into the grip from glock. I want to know if a sleeve with grooves will go over a gen 3 grip from glock.

Yes. (At least with the 3rd gen G17 it fits fine.)

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    I shot a friends gen 3 G26 with the Houge grips on it. I personally am not a big fan of it, I don't fell a solid grip on the gun IMO. But i know it works with the finger groves in the frame. Like some other people said, its cheep, try it then you will know if it suits your needs or not.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I don't care for the Hogue slip-on grip. If it can slip-ON, it can surely slip-OFF too (and probably when its least convenient, thanks to Mr. Murphy). I also don't like the palm swells that make the already-beefy grip even beefier.

As Truckerman already suggested, just send the pistol to Mr. Nash and let him have a day with it.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    The Hogue grips have nasty way of messing up a Glock's natural Ghetto-Style aim. You may have to switch to the old-man's vertical aiming style.;)

rhkirk1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    I tried one on my G27 and did not like it. The palm swell made it just a little too thick.

barber613

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Kokomo
    I would say that there is no possible way for one to slip off, but that aside I did just put a bicycle inner tube one my g19 and g21. I was a skeptic at first but it really works and it gives them a whole new feel (for the better). I would recommend it to anyone, thanks for the suggestion.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I would say that there is no possible way for one to slip off,

It has been rumored that in the struggle for control of his weapon, a Butler Univ. Officer's Hogue grip was torn from his Glock.

I'm not saying that this contributed solely to his loss of control, but it could've been a factor.

Food for thought. . .

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    It has been rumored that in the struggle for control of his weapon, a Butler Univ. Officer's Hogue grip was torn from his Glock.

I'm not saying that this contributed solely to his loss of control, but it could've been a factor.

Food for thought. . .

The Hogue grip will not come off without a lot, and I mean, A LOT of strain. There can be many reasons to not want a Hogue grip on your Glock, but I don't think this is one.

I put 330 rounds through my G19 yesterday and love the grip. I have naturally sweaty hands and the grip stays nice and tacky.

Top Bottom