• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigdogag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    Started with a gen 2 Glock 22 & had all kinds of problems. Fail to lock back, fail to extract, stove pipes & double feeds. Switched to gen 2 Glock 17 & no problems. Know have a gen 4 Glock 21 & hearing about issues with mags hanging up & the sporadic ejections.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    We have around 200 Gen4 9mm Glocks and have had a lot of issues. I do believe they are corrected now with the new ejector I put in them, though. Since I switched them out I haven't seen nearly as many malfunctions at the range as I was before.

The Gen3 22s we had earlier would place a pile of brass in a six inch circle if you were shooting at a target standing still. Our Gen4 9mm are almost as consistent now.

If I were to go out asnd buy a handgun for myself today, it would be a Gen3 9mm.

That is pretty darn good IMO. My 1911 throws brass all over the place!:)

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Gen4's are very reliable. However early releases did have recoil spring and ejection issues which were corrected by REVISED parts. All Glock armorers are aware of this issue and have access to the revised part numbers. If an armorer isn't available a call to Glock is all that's needed.

Being an armorer myself, these issues were discussed in-depth during our training.

Top Bottom