• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glocknroll9

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 27, 2009
    Auburn
    I did have an experience with glockdoc, my dad had him clean and inspect a glock 26 he had just bought at a fort wayne show. He told dad that it was a special run that was made for the secret service because the fingergrooves were different. He said it was worth at least $850 but it was ok to shoot it. Now when I got home I tried to find something on the web and at glocktalk...nothing, but people making fun of me. Now maybe someone here might know this is true but I think it is bs! of course my dad wont sell the gun because he thinks its worth $1000!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I'm on the south side of Indy, a GSSF member and have a CURRENT Glock armorers certificate.. If anyone needs anything done PM me or email to glockarm@gmail.com to make arrangements to get work done. I also very familiar with the anatomy of a 1911.
    As to the problems between the GlockDoc and Glock, I have only heard one side of the story, that being the Glock Rep that taught the armorers class I attended. He mentioned Nick by name and didn't have anything good to say about his work. From what he said I don't think that GlockDoc will ever attend another Glock Armorer certification. If he is truly incompetent that message should get through the gun community pretty quickly and that will solve the problem. On second thought that hasn't worked with Don's Guns so possibly it's just wishful thinking on my part.:dunno:

Last edited:

MrHank

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Westfield, IN
    Better places to buy parts....

If he starts telling stories about the U. S. Marshals and Secret Service, walk away....
    save the parking and entrance fee and just go to Bradis... best Glock armorers around. Ask for Mark
    I spent alot of money on parts for my Glocks from that turd, mainly because he was always at PSS when I needed parts or up grades. Until about a month ago when he messed up a G30 that I purchased at PSS, made six or so phone calls to Nick (The Glock Doc) trying get it fixed. Then I took it to Mark at Bradis & he repaired the mistakes that Nick did & I will never use the The Glock Doc again for anything!

Last edited:

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    I did have an experience with glockdoc, my dad had him clean and inspect a glock 26 he had just bought at a fort wayne show. He told dad that it was a special run that was made for the secret service because the fingergrooves were different. He said it was worth at least $850 but it was ok to shoot it. Now when I got home I tried to find something on the web and at glocktalk...nothing, but people making fun of me. Now maybe someone here might know this is true but I think it is bs! of course my dad wont sell the gun because he thinks its worth $1000!

The Glock Doc don't know his ass from a hole in the ground. I have never bought any of his over priced merchandise, or anything he spews. He is a showman, pure and simple. He knows what attracts customers, lighted displays, and flashy lighted banners.

Last edited by a moderator:

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    He fixed a muffed up trigger job I had on my G22 for next to nothing. Replaced it with a 3.2 lb. pull and it works better than ever now. All for 20 bucks. I can't complain. He was very friendly yesterday.

IndyIN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Texas
    I'm not particularly mechanically inclined, but I've never needed a Glock armorer for anything except to install sights, and that's only because I don't own a sight pusher. I suppose I could use a punch and hammer, but I'm impatient, and I have a couple of friends who are Glock armorers and don't charge me to swap sights.

The Glock is very simple to disassemble and replace parts on. I've replaced connectors, trigger bars and slide lock levers, all with simple instructions on the internet. I've never had to replace anything on the slide, but it's pretty straightforward and easy to do, I'm sure. No need to pay for labor AND a markup on parts.

Good resource: Glock Parts disassembly instructions

+1

I didn't think it was that hard to disassemble, either. I can't imagine how a Glock Armorer could mess one up, they have to be really bad.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    that being the Glock Rep that taught the armorers class I attended. He mentioned Nick by name and didn't have anything good to say about his work.

I think we went to the same class. :D

my dad had him clean and inspect a glock 26 he had just bought at a fort wayne show. He told dad that it was a special run that was made for the secret service because the fingergrooves were different. He said it was worth at least $850

The very first G26/27s had smooth finger grooves, rather than the grenade checkering found on current production models. This is the only difference in finger grooves I'm aware of.
    Glock_subcompacts.jpg

Then I took it to Mark at Bradis & he repaired the mistakes that Nick did

I remember that one! :yesway:

Ironically, when I first started doing Glock work at the shop, Nick blew a bunch of crap to his (former) customers about how I wasn't certified and didn't know WTF I was doing. :rolleyes:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    OK, enough said............just go to Bradis in Camby Indiana (Call ahead and see if Mark is in) no bull ****, no outrageous prices, works quickly on your baby while you shop, usually has the part you need, installation usually free, no parking or entrance fee, reasonable office hours throughout the week.
    Seriously folks, go see the SHOOTER, worth the trip, like I said, no B.S., quick and I mean quick service, and I've even seen some pretty girls in there too.

If it has anything to do with your GLOCK, Mark is YOUR DOC!

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    No axe to grind here, but a Ghost and polish here only cost about $40.00. Those $200. jobs were rip-offs.

A massive trigger job on a Taurus 941 here is about $130. and they take a lot of work.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    WOW! I sure did! I followed a link here form another thread and didn't look at the date on this one. The other thread is 'current' though.:): Joke's on me..:):

Top Bottom