• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    save the parking and entrance fee and just go to Bradis... best Glock armorers around. Ask for Mark.

+1 or PM the INGO mod on here that is a Glock guru

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Been certified since 2000; I go for my (3rd) re-cert in September. I am willing to show a copy of my valid armorer's certificate on demand, and would expect any armorer worth his salt to do likewise. :dunno:

I don't know the Glock Doc personally, but I've had the pleasure of troubleshooting/repairing a few customers' guns that he had "upgraded". :n00b:

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Would someone please spill the beans on the Glock Doc....:popcorn:

ok, lemme get this straight.
    Did he do a decent trigger job? Was it overpriced?
    Or were you mad because he didn't give you a gun with a dangerous trigger job that would turn your gun into a G18.
    I mean I know we are buds punisher but I have to hear the whoule story.
    So far besides you I haven't heard much substance behind the other acusations on the guy. At least you were willing to fill in the blanks. Maybe the rest just gotrubbed the wrong way by the guy?

Or perhaps others are just loyal to the INGO resident armorer.

Maybe because some are so worried about being sued they won't tell the whole story or perhaps they really don't know the whole story only what they heard from a friends second cousins uncles girlfriends ex.
    Maybe they know but just don't want you to know?lol
    Either way stick with the guys with a good rep OP and you should be fine.

Competition is good especially when your competition is crappy. It just makes you look all that much better.

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    He did do a good job on the trigger, I liked it. I added a Lone Wolf 'Ultimate Trigger Stop' to finish the job. I love the trigger now. The fact remains that he told me what I wanted to hear. I told him that I have always wanted a G18 and he told me how there are dealer samples but none that I could ever get. He told me about the backplate conversion kits to make them full auto and I wanted one of those but will never have one. So he says to me, what if I can make your G22 fire like a G18 and keep it legal. I said hell yeah, but how you gonna do that? He said I can make the trigger so light all you have to to is take your weak hand thumb and put it through the trigger guard (wrapping your thumb around the front of the trigger guard), hold the gun in your strong hand loosely and pull the trigger. He said this will cause the gun to bumpfire. He told me to only load a couple rounds in the mag to start out cuz he didnt want it to get out of control and after some practice I could do a whole mag with not functional or legal problems. He fed me this G18 fantasy (me being young, dumb and unfamiliar with Glocks) and he sold me on it. Regarless of the fact that I learned to like it (after I added the trigger stop) doesnt excuse the fact that he lied to me to make some money. So yes, Im mad that he didnt give me a gun with a "dangerous trigger job that would turn your gun into a G18" because that is what I was paying for. :D

jmancobra

Plinker
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    kokomo
    so apprently pistols are coming out all over the place admitting to having "multipe transgressions" with this guy. sig, hk, sa, even kimber has some texts that may go public soon

fpdcop

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Madison County
    I would have to say that if someone was advertising that they are something I would want to see proof (Glock Armorer Certificate). I am very picky about my weapons as I know many of you are. This is why i would ask to see the proof before letting anyone work on my Glock! I am a Glock Certified Armorer in Madison County and will be at the Anderson show this weekend if anyone is going to be there make sure and stop by and say HI. You can even ask to see my Certification and I will gladly show it to you.

Just some advise for anyone that may be new to the gun world and looking at getting things done to your weapon, be carefull and ask questions. The guy that seems to know everything or have every answer to all your questions may just be the next politician or shall I say (Good at feeding you a line of S**T).

As for me giving any true comment on the GlockDoc, all I can say is :noway:

762minigun

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indianapolis SS BG
    I would have to say that if someone was advertising that they are something I would want to see proof (Glock Armorer Certificate). I am very picky about my weapons as I know many of you are. This is why i would ask to see the proof before letting anyone work on my Glock! I am a Glock Certified Armorer in Madison County and will be at the Anderson show this weekend if anyone is going to be there make sure and stop by and say HI. You can even ask to see my Certification and I will gladly show it to you.

Just some advise for anyone that may be new to the gun world and looking at getting things done to your weapon, be carefull and ask questions. The guy that seems to know everything or have every answer to all your questions may just be the next politician or shall I say (Good at feeding you a line of S**T).

Yeah. There is a person working for local vendor who claimed to be a Glock Certified Armorer. He POUNDED on the trigger pin, with a HAMMER. The trigger was in the forward position. He just could'nt figure why the pin wouldn't come out. Others supposed Glock Armorers working in this shop said that it was ok, and saw nothing wrong with this practice. None of them went to see what he was pounding on. I ended up having to show this guy the proper way to remove the pin.

People do your homework before you let just anyone mess with your Glock.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    People do your homework before you let just anyone mess with your Glock.

Good advice! I have been trying to do my homework this entire thread and all I hear is that the guy sucks, but no one is willing to be specific except 40calpunisher. I can only assume then that there really isn't anything wrong with the guy and that his work is up to standards?

I have no dog in this fight with regards to this guy, but let's be fair. If there is something specific we need to know (especially those of us who you all think are "new to guns") then let's hear it. Otherwise, close the thread.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana

Did you mean the Muncie show? Not aware of a show in Anderson.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    Sure give me an example. His price on the sights he put on for me were 5 bucks cheaper than the other Glock guy across the room. Did a fine job installing them and was very helpful. Spent close to 10 minutes with me on deciding what kind of sights to purchase. (and that's at 2:00pm on Saturday when the place was full of people waiting for me to get done).

I am not defending the guy in spite of anyone in this thread, but if you are going to bad mouth a business, please tell us why. I'd like to know if there is a reason I shouldn't take anymore business to him.

I'm not saying that u shouldn't go to him. That is up to u. As far as an example or two, I will give u, and u can decide.

At the January show I overheard a gentlemen talking to the bald guy asking about the GEN4 Glocks. He seemed like he was new to guns and had questions about what the GEN4's would be like. The bald guy proceeded to tell this guy what the rumors were and what MIGHT be on the GEN4 (some of which were just outrageous claims ie. flat backstrap, integrated laser....). Anyway the funny part about it was that the GEN4 had been released for almost a month. The best part though.....there were about 8 vendors selling the new GEN4's at the show and one of them was less than 10ft. away. I mean does this guy know anything about the products he is selling. I don't want to buy anything from anyone that can't tell me basic info on his products. If it's your job to know just one weapon system, just one, then maybe you should know it.

Rewind even further to the Oct. '09 show. I asked Mr. Glock Doc himself (Nick) if he had any idea what the GEN4 was going to feature and when it would be out. At that point all I heard were rumors. He pulled a G22 RTF2 down and said, " here it is the new GEN4". I played dumb and asked again if this was really it. He said this is it. I walked away shaking my head. As we all know the RTF2 is not the GEN4 and quite frankly Nick really didn't know what I was referring to anyway. Again, this is a guy that only does one thing and that is sell glock components. You would think he would know what he is tallking about.

I know that those two instances aren't really great reasons not to use him, but let me just say this. Compare his prices to other Glock vendors on the net, and tell me his pricing isn't outrageous!!! He wanted me to pay $60 for a 3.5 pound connector!!! $135 for XS sights. $224 for a stainless slide.

Thats why I don't go there. I'm not saying that u shouldn't just check for urself.

Lone Wolf Distributors - Main Page This is where to buy Glock parts!!

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm not saying that u shouldn't go to him. That is up to u. As far as an example or two, I will give u, and u can decide.

At the January show I overheard a gentlemen talking to the bald guy asking about the GEN4 Glocks. He seemed like he was new to guns and had questions about what the GEN4's would be like. The bald guy proceeded to tell this guy what the rumors were and what MIGHT be on the GEN4 (some of which were just outrageous claims ie. flat backstrap, integrated laser....). Anyway the funny part about it was that the GEN4 had been released for almost a month. The best part though.....there were about 8 vendors selling the new GEN4's at the show and one of them was less than 10ft. away. I mean does this guy know anything about the products he is selling. I don't want to buy anything from anyone that can't tell me basic info on his products. If it's your job to know just one weapon system, just one, then maybe you should know it.

Rewind even further to the Oct. '09 show. I asked Mr. Glock Doc himself (Nick) if he had any idea what the GEN4 was going to feature and when it would be out. At that point all I heard were rumors. He pulled a G22 RTF2 down and said, " here it is the new GEN4". I played dumb and asked again if this was really it. He said this is it. I walked away shaking my head. As we all know the RTF2 is not the GEN4 and quite frankly Nick really didn't know what I was referring to anyway. Again, this is a guy that only does one thing and that is sell glock components. You would think he would know what he is tallking about.

I know that those two instances aren't really great reasons not to use him, but let me just say this. Compare his prices to other Glock vendors on the net, and tell me his pricing isn't outrageous!!! He wanted me to pay $60 for a 3.5 pound connector!!! $135 for XS sights. $224 for a stainless slide.

Thats why I don't go there. I'm not saying that u shouldn't just check for urself.

Lone Wolf Distributors - Main Page This is where to buy Glock parts!!

You. Two extra keys, my friend, two extra keys. They really aren't that hard to type and they prevent you from sounding like a texting teenage girl.

Top Bottom