• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Simmer down, dude. It was just a humorous way to voice my opinion. Don't get so worked up. I didn't kick your dog or pee in your cheerios.

ETA: Have I mentioned yet that glocks suck?

Well, you know what they say about opinions. :):

I did, however, post factual evidence that a girl seems to be able to shoot a Glock without any limp wrist problems. Facts trump opinions. Or pathetic attempts at "humor." :rolleyes:

Here's some humor for ya. Did you know that some people with absolute hatred for Glocks even admit that at least one of their pistols is the best platform available in a particular caliber?

Actually, I will go with a G20 again. I'm not shy about my hatred of glock but I came to the conclusion when I was looking at the the first time that the G20 is probably the best option in 10mm.

Funny stuff, right there. :D

concealed glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Kosciusko County, Warsaw
    Have a Glock 17 and an xd 9. The xd out of the box was more accurate than the Glock. Took the Glock to the Indy gun show, had a Glock tech check it out and do a trigger job. The gun is more accurate but still not as good as the xd9.:ar15:

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I don't care for Glocks

I've got a pair of single stacks that I like but only because I can fit my hands around them.

At heart I think I'm a revolver guy because anything with even a moderately wide grip I don't like.

However I will say this. With every Glock I've ever owned, save for rapid shots or draw and shoot, I'm extremely accurate. The grip angle throws me off when I'm not taking my time to acquire a good sight picture. I've had a 27, 23, 22, 19, 17, 36, 30 and 21.

And never a failure that wasn't operator error.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Accuracy?

Just a question to clear any confusion on my part....

"How is a firearm's accuracy determined?"

What I "think" the answer is (and I've certainly been wrong before ...so help me out if I am again) is that somewhere along the line of design, testing, pre or post sales, someone has a thought that goes something like, "Hmmm.... I wonder if this firearm will hit with any certainty and/or regularity (fiber jokes aside! ;)) what the shooter is aiming at?"

Now, I would imagine they don't just get any yayhoo to come down to the club to shoot a few rounds to find out. Nope, they get special yayhoos! (okay, maybe not). It would seem that someone designing, producing, selling, and/or evaluating a weapon's performance would strive to take any human error out of the equation when evaluating its performance capabilities. Instead of having Buford getting his buddy Billy Bob to "..hey, hold my beer while I shoot this thing," they'd likely clamp at least a few barrel designs into some sort of shooting jig (and not an Irish Jig ...or reel, for that matter), and make design changes as needed to meet their standards.

Granted, I'd imagine that budgets vary amongst manufactures so, perhaps, some may not have quite the stringent tolerances in their testing as others. But I'd also wager to guess that, especially among the more common manufactures, any pistol one might put their trigger finger on will very likely be more accurate any any of us (save for a few select, I'm sure ...and you know who you are! :D).

So, when someone says "<insert brand and model of firearm here> isn't as accurate as <insert brand and model of firearm here>," am I to believe that they're just that good that they can tell the difference?

Really, all joking aside ....idunno! :dunno:

Also, just a thought ...is there any sort of ISO (or similar) standards in barrel design other than caliber? ...just wondering on a related tangent....

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I really think it just comes down to the shooter. I have a variety of pistols and they all feel pretty comfortable in my hand! I heard about the weird grip angle of the Glock's before I got my first but it really doesn't bother me. As a shooter you should find a gun that is comfortable to hold and shoot repeatably. My :twocents:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Well, you know what they say about opinions. :):

I did, however, post factual evidence that a girl seems to be able to shoot a Glock without any limp wrist problems.

Thank you for that. It was very helpful. Especially since you are arguing against a point I never made. The limp wrist issue is well known. You may think it is less relevant than I do, but in the end that is an opinion as well.

Hoosier9 said:
    Facts trump opinions. Or pathetic attempts at "humor." :rolleyes:

I got at least one laugh out of it. I'm ok with that.

Hoosier9 said:
    Here's some humor for ya. Did you know that some people with absolute hatred for Glocks even admit that at least one of their pistols is the best platform available in a particular caliber?

And I make no secret of it. It's indicative of the pitiful selection of double stack 10mm handguns. If one of the several better platforms becomes available in 10mm the G20 will no longer be the best option. A Sig, M&P, XDm, etc. would all eclipse the G20. It just hasn't happened yet.

Hoosier9 said:
    Funny stuff, right there. :D

Really what is funny is that you are arguing against sarcasm. The things I mentioned are the most common complaints about that glock platform. It is neither rare nor unreasonable for someone to draw that conclusions that I have. They're very poorly design in most respects. An awful lot of people have noticed. The bottom line is that the OP would be much better served staying with his XD. His accuracy troubles are the result of the poor ergonomics. (And the malfunction did seem like it was limp wrist induced.) The grip angle and girth are unnatural and require a reprogramming of sorts to become consistent. This is especially true for those who are accustomed to pistols with proper ergonomics.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Also, another friend of mine tried that particular G19, and was no better than I was, and this friend has LOTS of experience. (I would list his credentials, but this is the interwebz, and if I did that, you all would suddenly not believe anything I type! :D )

Good stuff to think about. I'll have to shoot some other Glocks before I really settle my opinion.
    It is well known that even Glock shooters hit low with 19's and OEM sights.

Well, I guess not well known here but I will bet you a beer that you were hitting WAY low. No, I am not going to read all the posts to see if you did in fact hit low................I already know you did.

(I had the same experience with a 19 and had almost 20 years experience with 21's and 17's prior to shooting that 19. I also tore up 18+ hours of great shooting right after that with a 19 that had good sights on it)

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    ;) keep on practicing with a glock. they r fine pistols for the money. i've had mine choke and burp on reloads, but glock recommends only factory ammo anyway, my bad. i drank the kool - aid long ago. good luck
    "Get a Glock and get rid a that nickel plated sissy pistol" - U.S. Marshal Samuel Gerard

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Well, some good points. I suppose I'll just have to find an opportunity to shoot another G19 before I really pass judgement.

I guess the question is whether it's worth it to adapt my shooting technique to match the gun, or if I should stick with a gun that already matches my shooting technique.

But I REALLY like the way the Glock carries. :dunno:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Well, some good points. I suppose I'll just have to find an opportunity to shoot another G19 before I really pass judgement.

I guess the question is whether it's worth it to adapt my shooting technique to match the gun, or if I should stick with a gun that already matches my shooting technique.

But I REALLY like the way the Glock carries. :dunno:
    I think it is better to like how you shoot a gun over how it carries. Just about any gun can be carried well once you get the proper holster and belt configuration for it and your body.

It is hard for a lot of shooters to resolve their own problems. If you want to trust your life to Glocks, you best get some real training on how to use a Glock. Otherwise, stay with the gun you know.

Think about it, would you force a loved one to use the gun you prefer or the one they hit best with?

JOLLYKART

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Mooresville
    Had the same problem with my GLock 22 when I first got it. It took several clips to master the trigger pull for me, now I just can't say enough about the Glock.

Just my two cents worth.

Great video by the way!

Top Bottom