• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dpetreikis

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I've found Glocks in general to be as accurate as any other pistol I've ever shot. Have a Glock 27 (one of my favorite carry guns) that is plenty accurate, but tends to pinch my finger between the frame and magazine when I shoot. My Glock 23 shoots fine (though my M&P shoots a little softer) and carries great, but my Glock 30 seems to work best for me, with the wider grip helping to soften recoil - not to mention the softer recoil characteristics of the 45acp v the snappier 40 S&W round.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I have two Glock 19's with standard factory sights, and I can shoot this well (see picture) with both of them at 30 feet.

Glock's shoot differently than other pistols, but the learning curve is small with practice. If you and the owner were shooting all over the place, you both just need more practice.

I have owned many Glocks (all in 9mm), and I have been able to drive tacks with all of them.

g19_target2.jpg

Last edited:

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    I don't see the big deal really, if you don't like Glocks don't buy them! I have a variety of handguns and I like them all. My :twocents:

+1

You rarely see anyone posting "Smith & Wesson disappointment" or "Ruger disappointment", but I've seen plenty of people shooting innaccurately with these brands as well.

Not sure what it is about Glocks that brings such a regular bashing...

Knowing how well I shoot with my multiple Glocks, posts like this only make me think the OP is a horrible shot... It says nothing to me about Glock pistols.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    +1

You rarely see anyone posting "Smith & Wesson disappointment" or "Ruger disappointment", but I've seen plenty of people shooting innaccurately with these brands as well.

It's kind of like those who voted for Obama. Spent all their time bashing Bush, then realized they didn't get anything better.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    +1

Knowing how well I shoot with my multiple Glocks, posts like this only make me think the OP is a horrible shot... It says nothing to me about Glock pistols.

My guess is because they're the standard for polymer pistols. They were the first to get a good one to market at a reasonable price and obtain any significant market share. They're still, as far as I know, the leader in pistol market share overall.

People like bashing the leader, not the underdogs. At least that's my theory.

/coming from a very happy M&P shooter :D

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

People like bashing the leader, not the underdogs. At least that's my theory.

/coming from a very happy M&P shooter :D

I agree. Some days I like shooting an older semi auto, other days my newer glock, and then sometimes I grab a revolver. I like having a variety because that's what makes it fun for me. I'm not going to lie, I bought my G17 because I thought Glocks were cool. I had no previous experience with a poylmer pistol. I picked up one at my local gun store an said wow this thing is light, and feels good! That's all that matters to me. :cool:

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    My guess is that if you compiled a list of people that bash in giving pistol, per capita glock numbers would be lower. There are just a lot of glock owners, probably more that any other particular brand.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    +1

It's because they are terribly designed and an awful lot of people portray them to be something they are not.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Isn't it easier (and safer for one's own ego) to blame the problem on the gun, rather on oneself? I would imagine that there are plenty of people who can adequately shoot a variety of pistols, no matter the name on the side or the design. How do you imagine they got that way? Surely they weren't born with a 1911 in their hand (which would be the epitome of deep concealment, but also make for a somewhat slow draw, I'm sure).

USMC1811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Last year I took a friend shooting, he had a 1911 knock off of some type, I had a G17. His pistol kept jamming and could not hit anything. We moved in closer about 15 yards or so and he still had jamming and could not hit. I gave him my G17 and he had the same results while I did fine with his pistol. I started watching his shooting style. I had him adjust his stance, grip and forearm alignment, sure enough the rest of the shooting period he did much better, no jamming, and we moved back to the 25 yard line.

By the end of the day we were shooting at clay sporting targets and doing fine. Site picture, and alignment and proper grip are very important with any firearm. My rear sites are dead center of the frame. Keep practicing, use your head and be in control and get your shot off in under 3 seconds and then let your arms rest and do not hold your breath, just pause and fire. Acquire your site picture from bottom to top, not top to bottom. Good luck.

Tab

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2011
    Hello,
    I have both firearms and I like both very well. If you shot the XD for sometime before shooting the Glock, I am not surprised you are complaining. I agree with the other guys. Do not be discouraged. Practice with your Glock for a while and you'll like it. The grip is different from XD and you need to practice more to get used to it. Shooting is 90% mental and 10% marksmanship. You acquire the marksmanship with practice.

Top Bottom