• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I had a chance to shoot a G43 for the first time on Saturday and kind of liked it. I'm normally a CZ and 1911 guy, but do currently own 3 Glocks, so I'm certainly not anti-Glock by any means, but I'd have never considered a G43 before Saturday. Now, who knows. If I were looking for a deep CC pistol, it would certainly be on my short list.

Be very careful. That 43 will tempt you not to carry a full size gun. At least that is what it has done to me.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    The only real con is that Glock didn't design the factory mags to have more than 6 round capacity. I bought Taran Tactical Base plates for mine. +2 for carry fits perfectly with my EDC and I have a +3 for my spare, and thinking about switching with the FAB Defense's +4

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

I thought the 43 was the new full size..
    I am contemplating on a 43 or shield. Any pro or con for either?

I do not really favor one over the other. I picked the G43 because I carry Glocks. If price is a concern there have been some fantastic deals on Shields out there. Some people find the Shield to be softer shooting but I don't find either to be a problem in that regard.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    The only real con is that Glock didn't design the factory mags to have more than 6 round capacity. I bought Taran Tactical Base plates for mine. +2 for carry fits perfectly with my EDC and I have a +3 for my spare, and thinking about switching with the FAB Defense's +4

Like so many things it is a trade off. Personally I would have preferred the 43 to be a bit longer in the grip but Glock opted for small size.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I've got a little over 500 rounds through my 43 now, very accurate for its size and no malfunctions yet. I did get a set of Hackathorn sights for it and need to install them, carry it in a JM custom kydex holster. It's a superb pistol for its size and like already mentioned a great choice along with the shield. My wife carries her shield daily and I have found that it's quite accurate as well. Good times for people wanting a smallish 9mm!

Jshepherd37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I like the way you think..... I got the TT baseplates when the G43 first came out. Didnt know they came out with the +3 I will need to check those out.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    With the +2, it literally is the same grip length as a G26 cut in half. With the +3, it is about a G19 cut in half. I am wondering what the Fab Defense +4 would feel like.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I enjoy the G43 so far with only 150 rounds through it and no issues. I purchased a Pearce+1 grip to replace the flush one but can't seem to get the flush one off with the instructions on the package. Granted I have arthritis and a very weak grip, so any tips

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Some people love the double stack Glocks, others like the single stack. Some like the full size while others want a different size. Glock is aware of this and they will happily make all combinations since people will buy them. But it's good for everybody because Glock gets their money, but the end customer will finally get the exact gun that they want, so if you like Glocks but haven't found one that you like yet, just wait.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Some people love the double stack Glocks, others like the single stack. Some like the full size while others want a different size. Glock is aware of this and they will happily make all combinations since people will buy them. But it's good for everybody because Glock gets their money, but the end customer will finally get the exact gun that they want, so if you like Glocks but haven't found one that you like yet, just wait.
    But what about us who don't like Glock pistols, the way the company operates, and dislike Gaston Glock personally? Oh, yeah, there are plenty of other options, like Kahr, Beretta, S&W, SA, Ruger, H&K, Sig...

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Absolutely, Mike, we buy exactly what we want. I don't own a Glock, but I don't have anything against them. Just because someone likes a certain gun, that doesn't make all other guns garbage. I will say that people that love Glocks sure seem to me that they think all other guns are inferior. There are plenty of great firearms out there.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    I enjoy the G43 so far with only 150 rounds through it and no issues. I purchased a Pearce+1 grip to replace the flush one but can't seem to get the flush one off with the instructions on the package. Granted I have arthritis and a very weak grip, so any tips
    Tips? Use tools.

Find a clamp that will let you put pressure on the sides of the magazine right above the stock baseplate. There are notches that lock the baseplate to the magazine and you have to compress the sides of the magazine just enough to release those notches. Don't squeeze too hard--just enough to clear the notches. Then, with something like a punch, you can depress the round pin that you see on the bottom of the baseplate and slide off the baseplate.

I used wide-mouth locking pliers like this: 6" Swivel Pad Lock-Grip Pliers But, you could use a common C-clamp.

Again, don't squeeze too much.

I put the Pearce +1 grip extensions on all four of my Glock 43 magazines. The end result looks like the OEM mag extension from Glock, but it gives you one more round in the magazine without extending the length too much. And, the Pearce extension looks like a stock Glock piece.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana

Lots of people have these in their tool box. I just put a Taran Tactical +3 extension on one of my G43 mags last night using a set of these. Doesn't take much pressure. Put a rag around the mag first if you're worried about marking up the surface.

Pliers_zpsa9djcykp.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If you just stick your Glock tool most or all the way into the hole on the bottom of the baseplate, you can lever that plate right through those retainer bumps.

Top Bottom