• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    It's just perpetually over-priced and has a generally unfriendly and uniformed staff. I remember asking about an FFL transfer at that store a couple years ago and they told me it would be $75 per firearm. The guy that helped me with the 43 was pretty helpful and friendly, although he still did the required talk about why I need THEIR lifetime warranty on my new Glock. He cut me a good deal on some Sig hollow points though. Overall it was the most positive experience I've ever had there.
    "Uninformed" is the truth of it. I have spent many a dollar at GM, and some of it even on a couple of guns, but some of these "bro-hos" they have working the counter? Damn. I think they got most of their firearms knowledge from Call of Duty games or something. :twocents:

Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    "Uninformed" is the truth of it. I have spent many a dollar at GM, and some of it even on a couple of guns, but some of these "bro-hos" they have working the counter? Damn. I think they got most of their firearms knowledge from Call of Duty games or something. :twocents:
    Without a doubt. It seems like every time I hear them talking to a potential buyer, I hear them say something that makes me cringe. The sad part is that it seems like most of those people are first time buyers and they're going to end up with a purchase they regret if they take the advice their given.

Last edited:

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    After renting a G43 and 9mm Shield at a range over in OH I decided to later buy a Shield as that particular Glock had trigger that was quite a bit heavier than the Shield. I was expecting the exact opposite. I still really liked the Glock 43 and can understand the enthusiasm. Its still the most enjoyable Glock I have ever fired. A guy at the range I belong to had a G43 there not long ago and the trigger on his was a lot more manageable than the rental I had fired.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    After owning a Kimber solo, a S&W shield and a Glock 43 the Glock wins out. I have two with Trijicon HD sights. No issues after about 1500 rounds between them. I have an assortment of holsters for all types of carry.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    FAB Defense just came out with a +4 baseplate, making a mag 10 rounds. I'd consider adding this and using it for my spare mag

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I just snagged a set of Ameriglo Hackathorn sights for my 43, can't wait to test them out! I'm up to 500 rounds through mine without an issue, wanting to try out a couple of those taran tactical base pads for +1.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    Anyone with a 43 swapped out the trigger shoe for a flat faced one? I'm planning to get another one but will probably be doing that at some point. I was thinking of getting a whole new drop in trigger system but the 43 I had before was when Glock put the heavier connector in so the pulls on the new ones seem to be on par with a normal Glock. Therefore I'm just looking to change the shoe and there are a few different choices so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Anyone with a 43 swapped out the trigger shoe for a flat faced one? ...

...I first installed a Ghost connector with the stock trigger and wasn't satisfied. I then added the Overwatch Precision TAC Trigger and did not like the Ghost/Overwatch combination at all. Once I removed the Ghost connector and put the oem connector back in, the TAC trigger was exactly what I was looking for. Short takeup and a better break. Love it.

I installed the Overwatch Precision TAC Trigger with their NP3 plated Gen 3 OEM trigger bar and love it. They also have the DAT trigger which is completely flat without the small "hooks" at the bottom.

IMG_0799 (Medium).JPG

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I installed the Overwatch Precision TAC Trigger with their NP3 plated Gen 3 OEM trigger bar and love it. They also have the DAT trigger which is completely flat without the small "hooks" at the bottom.

View attachment 54003

I was looking at those, ended up just getting a shoe from Kineti Tech rather than a whole assembly. I should be picking up the actual gun tomorrow and hope to get some rounds through it as well.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I'm not sure what to tell you. I've had the TAC trigger on it long enough that I don't have a good memory of what the stock trigger was like, but as best as I can recall, the TAC has less take up and a better break. The oem trigger also 'bit' my finger a little and got bothersome.

I installed a Ghost connector with the oem trigger and didn't think it made enough difference, then installed the TAC and didn't like it with the Ghost connector at all. Putting the oem connector back in with the TAC provided what I was looking for.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    What I like about the Overwatch precision TAC trigger is the flat face promotes a straight back pull and the tiny knob on the bottom of the trigger shoe face keeps my finger aligned (the DAT has no nub at the bottom of the trigger)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I had a chance to shoot a G43 for the first time on Saturday and kind of liked it. I'm normally a CZ and 1911 guy, but do currently own 3 Glocks, so I'm certainly not anti-Glock by any means, but I'd have never considered a G43 before Saturday. Now, who knows. If I were looking for a deep CC pistol, it would certainly be on my short list.

Top Bottom