• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G19ccer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Peru
    I handled a Glock 42 today. It blew my mind how small it actually was. That guy is thin! I knew it was going to be thin and small but I didn't expect it to be as small as it was. That being said, it still felt solid, like a Glock. It felt good in my hand and would absolutely disappear IWB but I just don't have a need for a .380. If that caliber is for you then I would highly suggest it.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    They seem to be popping up everywhere if you are lucky enough to be there in person or the caller that made it through ..

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    PSS had 5 today I'm sure they are all gone now. Very nice gun. Small and compact. The smallest I will carry is a 9mm. Price seemed ok $399.00. I probably should have got one to trade in the for sale section.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Most local shops in and around my area have no idea when they are coming in . One shop was $479.99 on the only one they received , south of the Ohio river , $399.00 …whittakers got some in today.. as well as some .22LR

spoke78

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hancock County
    I handled a Glock 42 today. It blew my mind how small it actually was. That guy is thin! I knew it was going to be thin and small but I didn't expect it to be as small as it was. That being said, it still felt solid, like a Glock. It felt good in my hand and would absolutely disappear IWB but I just don't have a need for a .380. If that caliber is for you then I would highly suggest it.

I'm crossing fingers that Glock takes this design and pumps out a single stack 9 soon. Then keep it going with a single stack lineup to branch out their family tree. I would really like a 9mm in the 42 frame.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Some shops are going to gouge you on the price now because it's a new gun just like the shield was when it was new. Just look at what they are going for on gunbroker. I wouldn't pay over $420 for one. Situations like this is when you find out who the honest guys are.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I'm crossing fingers that Glock takes this design and pumps out a single stack 9 soon. Then keep it going with a single stack lineup to branch out their family tree. I would really like a 9mm in the 42 frame.
    I would guess there are no plans or at least no plans in near future. It would interfere with the sales of the 42 if they were the same frame size. Why would you own a small .380 if you could get a 9mm in the same size? If a single stack 9mm does get introduced and it is a bit larger, why not just stick with the large capacity 26? Double the capacity for just a slightly larger frame. I would say this is it for small Glocks...just my opinion of course.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I would guess there are no plans or at least no plans in near future. It would interfere with the sales of the 42 if they were the same frame size. Why would you own a small .380 if you could get a 9mm in the same size? If a single stack 9mm does gets introduced and it is a bit larger, why not just stick with the large capacity 26? I would say this is it for small Glocks...just my opinion of course.

Because some people have feminine hands that are too small for the larger Glock 26. That's why they'd rather have a single stack 9mm.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have shot a single stack kahr 9mm, and found it too skinny for my hands. I'm just used to my larger Glocks.

I don't like pocket carry, and I think would rather carry a smaller pistol like I do my Glock 26, AIWB. And since I have never been crazy about the smaller .380 sized pistols while playing with them at Bradis, I believe I will eventually buy the G42.
    Simply because it is a larger .380.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have shot a single stack kahr 9mm, and found it too skinny for my hands. I'm just used to my larger Glocks.

I don't like pocket carry, and I think would rather carry a smaller pistol like I do my Glock 26, AIWB. And since I have never been crazy about the smaller .380 sized pistols while playing with them at Bradis, I believe I will eventually buy the G42.
    Simply because it is a larger .380.

+1. I didn't care for the Sig .380(model 238?) and the Sig 230 was snappy enough that I figure I may as well shoot a 9. The rest I'm not interested in. One comment that Hickok made that piqued my interest was that he said it was a "soft shooter", "really soft". I am thinking it might be nice for my wife to shoot even though I would be buying it for me to carry IWB. I have a .38 snub nose now and as long as a pistol like the Shield 9 doesn't' recoil more than my .38 does, I will have no issues and my wife would be able to shoot it. She was not able to pull the trigger on my snubby until I did some trigger work on it.:)

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    If this is roughly the same size as the S&W Shield in 9mm, what are the reasons for choosing this over the Shield?

I have never shot a Glock or a Shield, but did dry fire a G42 today. Have shot both Ruger LC9 and LCP, I LOVED the G42 trigger over the Rugers. So can someone give me an idea of what a Shield trigger is like?

Top Bottom