• ...and so much more!
  • gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have never shot a Glock or a Shield, but did dry fire a G42 today. Have shot both Ruger LC9 and LCP, I LOVED the G42 trigger over the Rugers. So can someone give me an idea of what a Shield trigger is like?

I dry fired several Shields at stores. I like the trigger. I think the Shield has the nicest trigger of the M&P line. I seriously doubt I would go the Apex route on one if I buy it.

Oh, I think it is like the FS M&P's, only nicer!

DrWin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I dry fired several Shields at stores. I like the trigger. I think the Shield has the nicest trigger of the M&P line. I seriously doubt I would go the Apex route on one if I buy it.

Oh, I think it is like the FS M&P's, only nicer!

I like the Shield's trigger. It has a better reset than the full-size's trigger, at least from my experience.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I would guess there are no plans or at least no plans in near future. It would interfere with the sales of the 42 if they were the same frame size. Why would you own a small .380 if you could get a 9mm in the same size? If a single stack 9mm does get introduced and it is a bit larger, why not just stick with the large capacity 26? Double the capacity for just a slightly larger frame. I would say this is it for small Glocks...just my opinion of course.

Ruger did it. They released the LC380, ( American Rifleman - Ruger LC380 Semi-Auto Pistol ) which I believe is bigger than the LCP series. I think the LC380 is the same size as the LC9 or very close. There are people that would pick the 380 over the 9 even in a similar sized gun. I would not, but others would.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Got to shoot one today. Put 10 rounds through it. I am not sure yet. I wish I would have had a Shield 9mm to compare recoil. I did shoot a guys Taurus PT709. Not sure how it compares to the Shield though.

I liked the 42 okay, and the recoil wasn't bad, but I wonder how close it would be to the Shield 9. The Shield weighs more and is larger. I would like to find out if the size and weight serve to somewhat equalize the felt recoil of the two.

The G42 is definitely very concealable!

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Got to shoot one today. Put 10 rounds through it. I am not sure yet. I wish I would have had a Shield 9mm to compare recoil. I did shoot a guys Taurus PT709. Not sure how it compares to the Shield though.

I liked the 42 okay, and the recoil wasn't bad, but I wonder how close it would be to the Shield 9. The Shield weighs more and is larger. I would like to find out if the size and weight serve to somewhat equalize the felt recoil of the two.

The G42 is definitely very concealable!

I will let you know soon as I picking up my G42 tomorrow.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    Nice pistol. A lot like my COlt Mustang, or Officer's Model in size and feel. I really can't remember which I had.
    Do to the reviews whch say it's a soft shooter, my Wife may be getting one.
    Her reasoning. (G will find a ready market niche here too, btw IMHO.)
    G26 nice to shoot, too heavy.
    TCP too snappy.
    PT22 too wimpy, but her favorite carry due to low recoil, low weight, but thinks 22 won't get the job done.

UNtil I read the reviews, I hadn't even considered it, and I'll stick wth my 9's, but I have to tell you, it come up and points really well. Lines up so naturally, it makes me want one. ;) I'll pass though! I'll stick with the G26.:D

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Is that a good place to shop? I drive by it when I go to E'ville to visit my daughter and have thought about stopping in.

they are very good group of people to buy from and talk with , its the neatest shop i have been .. stop by and give em a try… they allow the purchase of ammo over the phone with no charge for credit and will hold it for 2 weeks...

Red Ghost Gun Shop in Evansville has had a couple of Glock 42s priced at $434.00 a piece...

Top Bottom