• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    A buddy of mine just sent me a pic of the Glock 42 Single stack .380 just released in the US. Said store had it listed for $399

59678_10151809895007331_1467454534_n.jpg

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I was very excited to hear about the 42, until I learned it's larger than a PM9. If they come out with a 9mm that's the same size, I'll be interested, but my Kahr P380 looks like it's safe for now.

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    I got to hold one today at the 1500. If you have small hands it has a ncie grip. Also it's very lightweight. I will be buying one.

SEMI-AK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Zx guns had one at the 1500 I got to hold it against a 19 and a 30. I would love to have it in 9 mm. Neat piece for sure in 380

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Th Shield isn't available in the formidable .380 caliber... :popcorn:

Thanks Chez! It is kind of funny how the .380 gets lambasted so often until a popular gun maker comes out with a new model. As you know I am still debating my carry gun. Personally I am not worried about carrying a .380, but if the 9mm will conceal and shoot as well with minimal increase in felt recoil, then I know which one I am choosing.

And nice job on the 7lbs.!

V, the less recoil would be of interest to me if the Shield proves too snappy(uncomfortable) for me. If it is much lighter than the Shield, I wonder if the recoil would feel much less. Personal preference is a factor for sure. I don't need to own a Glock, but I am not opposed to owning one either.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    Thanks Chez! It is kind of funny how the .380 gets lambasted so often until a popular gun maker comes out with a new model. As you know I am still debating my carry gun. Personally I am not worried about carrying a .380, but if the 9mm will conceal and shoot as well with minimal increase in felt recoil, then I know which one I am choosing.

And nice job on the 7lbs.!

V, the less recoil would be of interest to me if the Shield proves too snappy(uncomfortable) for me. If it is much lighter than the Shield, I wonder if the recoil would feel much less. Personal preference is a factor for sure. I don't need to own a Glock, but I am not opposed to owning one either.

I had surgery on my right wrist about three years ago and it's very weak now so I had to look for options since I can't handle recoil like I did it the past, I pick up a Shield 9mm about 10 month's ago to see if I could handle it and surprisingly is very manageable and did not hurt my wrist as I thought. I just put some rounds though mine yesterday after a while of not been to the range and I was very happy to be reminded how nice handles as I was thinking of selling it to get something smaller, I think the Shield is a great value as long you can find one at a decent price vs the XDS. You are welcome to put some rounds though if you are in the Noblesville area this coming week.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    The Shield is 19 oz's vs the G42 is 13 oz's, that is a huge difference when it comes to carry guns and as far the size it's reported that the are about same so I like the concept of lighter. I had a some point a J frame 340PD (11 oz's) and I really like it as plenty of times I forgot that was in my pocket.

Top Bottom