• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • code_red

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    East Side Indy
    I can't comment on the Glock 30, but my boyfriend has an M&P 45c and I'm amazed how well it shoots. Dead accurate. He can put rounds right on top of each other. Not one malfunction either. He has shot federal, white box and umc ball ammo and federal hydrashock, hornady CD hollow points. It eats anything. The different sized back straps are a nice option as well.

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have not fired either, but have had lots of hands on time with both, side by side. The M&P has a longer, more ergonomic/comfortable grip. The Glocks is typical Glock, just slightly blocky. I have average size hands and I find the SF30 fits my hand in a similar manner to my 19, just shorter. The standard model 30 just feels to large in comparison. The slide is shorter and wider on the 30 while longer and slimmer on the M&P. That slimmness aides in IWB, I refrence this to my glock 19 since the M&P is only slightly larger. The shorter grip of the Glock 30 helps in printing, even more so with a flush mag base plate, but it is a thick gun so holster and clothing choice are important. Just personal opinion, but out of the box the glock trigger is better due to the crisper break and defined reset. The M&P is a little mushy and less defined in comparison, but $40 in springs, sears....etc. can equalize. Also, the 8 vs 10 round difference is something to take into account.

I'm a Glock fanboy, but would probably go with the M&P if you plan to carry it. Probably because I'm partial to the compact model Glocks and the M&P is closest to that. But, mainly it's the thickness of the 30 that would cause me trouble. But, honestly this is all dependent on your body size and how you dress and or IWB/OWB.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    my advice would be try to shoot both, I'm seriously considering a 29, but still want to shoot one.
    ^^^^^ THIS is GOOD and SOUND advice, don't just take our word for it ..... I LOVE S&W, I just can't find a glock that "fits" me... YOU might find a glock, and not like S&W..... to EACH their own !!!!! GOOD LUCK .....:draw:

BeeRian

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Glock 30 is my main carry gun but the MP 45c felt great in my hands. When I used to work @ Eagle Creek a patron let me shoot the MP and every ejected round doinked right off my forehead... Never had that problem with my Glock.

I am a lefty so that affects where my head is relative to the gun is suppose. I noticed when the owner shot the gun (right handed) all the cases where just barely passing by his right ear.

jreeder108

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2012
    NWI
    I have shot both and own a M&P 45c. I prefer the glock grip, it just fits my hands better than the M&P despite their interchangeable grips. The two are very similar in size. I have a G21 sf and am debating getting the G30 due to the fact my mags can be interchangeable. Both shoot great and are manufactured very well. My best suggestion is to shoot both and decide which feels best in your hand.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    G30 - 6.97" L x 4.45" H x 1.28" W, 23.81 oz, 3.78" bbl, 10+1.
    M&P45c - 7.55" L x 4.8" H x 1.2" W, 28.9 oz, 4" bbl, 8+1.

Both decent pistols. Hard to go wrong with either. Virtually equally concealable from a physical dimension perspective (although one is significantly heavier than the other).

I use a G30SF and chose it over the M&P because:

1. the M&P didn't exist at the time I was picking a compact 45,

and would still choose the Glock over the M&P today because:

2. it has a higher std capacity and the ability to use G21, 13 rnd mags.
    3. it is about 5 oz lighter.
    4. has the same manual of arms, field strip, general design etc. as other Glocks. So, if one already has a Glock or two it makes sense. If one doesn't have any other Glocks this point is irrelevant.

I DO like the longer barrel of the M&Pc, but plan to add an aftermarket extended barrel to the G30.

In general, I'd like to see more mfg release compact versions that are cut down in grip only, leaving a longer slide/barrel.

I'd be perfectly happy with a G21 that was simply cut down to G30 size in the grip only.

Top Bottom