Glock 3.5ib trigger for carry...convince me either way!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    To have or not to have...

Plead me your case for a 3.5lb trigger in a EDC!

EDC??

I think 3.5 Lbs. triggers are a little light for defensive carry guns. Many PD's will not allow them on duty guns. I had one in my personal gun and didn't like it. A five pound stock Glock trigger is really quite light when the adrenalin is pumping. Actually I think they are just about perfect.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    you still have to actuate the safety mechanism to fire the gun, unless you shaved the swingy arm thing. therefore, a 3.5 pound connector isnt going to cause any problems. that said, i do advise to use ONLY the connector. ittl smooth out the trigger pull and lower it to about 4 pounds.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    EDC??

I think 3.5 Lbs. triggers are a little light for defensive carry guns. Many PD's will not allow them on duty guns. I had one in my personal gun and didn't like it. A five pound stock Glock trigger is really quite light when the adrenalin is pumping. Actually I think they are just about perfect.
    I agree, 5 lbs, is PLENTY light enough for EDC.... JMHO . :yesway:

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Have

less force to pull=less chance you will pull your shot and miss....because trust me, in the heat of the moment you will not have the perfect "range" grip, finger placement on trigger, etc so even that tiny bit (2lbs) may help from pulling off target... Plus the ghost kit will smooth out the trigger some.

I don't get we're this 3.5 lb weight is "unsafe" and "in the heat of the moment you could pull that 3.5 lbs on accident"... If that's the case then you need to train on not having your finger on the trigger until your ready to shoot, pretty basic.

I mean if you have your finger on the trigger and you do "jump" and pull the trigger ("on accident") then (I'm not a scientist) I'm sure it's still over 5.5lbs anyway.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I like a trigger as light as possible. I also don't put my finger on the trigger when I'm not intending to shoot and I often carry single action pistols. I wouldn't sweat carrying with a 3.5 lb connector one bit. In fact, it's just about the only thing that makes a Glock tolerable.

pokersamurai

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    I use 3.5 lb connectors in all my carry glocks. As TAT7 said it decreases the pull weight and increases you chance of hitting your target.

If you know how to keep your finger off the trigger lightning your triggers pull weight shouldn't matter.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've had and carried both. Can't really tell much difference. The overtravel in the Glock trigger is what I struggle with much more than the pull weight. Working on trigger reset, and having less trigger slop has helped me more than anything. Also hard focusing on the front sight post rather than the rear.

Benged

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I carry my 17 everyday. I have 3.5lb trigger and I've never had an issue. Have to use that safety between your ears and in your index finger.

Rob Watson

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2012
    I have a 3.5 lb on my cc 26 and my G21 duty. Very nice, night and day difference, and as far as the adrenaline part any well and properly trained shooter, either police or civilian, knows that the finger isn't on the trigger til the sights are on target.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    All my Glocks have 3.5 connectors and are 3.5 or less with the RCBS trigger gauge. Personally, I wouldn't have them any other way.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    I use 3.5 rocket. 6lb firing pin spring. Trigger spring in my 33. EDC

I use the 3.5, 4lb spring, trigger spring in my 23 (not EDC)

The reset on both is much better. I just wish some of the travel could be tightened up.

Last edited:

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    Just finished installing my 3.5 lb. connector in my G36. It feels good but won't be able to get to the range until Mon. to see how it shoots.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    All my Glocks have 3.5 connectors and are 3.5 or less with the RCBS trigger gauge. Personally, I wouldn't have them any other way.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

I had the pleasure today of meeting NHT3, and getting to experience his work as a Certified Glock Armorer. He installed a Rocket 3.5 connector kit in my G20SF and the difference is............night & day!

He is a great guy, and he went WAY above and beyond to be helpful, not to mention, he is the most reasonably priced gunsmith I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

I have owned everything from Jennings to HK's and have had work done by other smiths, but my new Glock has the BEST trigger I have ever owned!

THANK YOU CHARLIE!
    I highly recommend him as a gunsmith, and it doesn't hurt that he is a fine gentleman too.

Funny thing is, I never thought I would ever own a Glock, and this 10mm may be my favorite pistol of all time, live and learn!

So not to totally thread jack, I will gladly use this gun with it's new 3.5 trigger as an every day carry piece!

Top Bottom