Glock 3.5ib trigger for carry...convince me either way!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I wouldn't carry the Glock with the 3.5-pound connector just because I like the 5.5-pound connector better. I think the 3.5 feels mushy and the 5.5 breaks cleaner.
    That being said, would you carry a 1911 with the hammer cocked, thumb safety off, and the grip safety taped down? Other then the Glock trigger safety, that's essentially what you're doing with the 3.5-pound connector.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Pretty much ANY gun I'd dedicate as "carry" is not getting modified in function in any way shape or form... save grips for proper hand fit.
    My personal opinion is that in an SD situation that turns bad...the prosecutor would have a field day.
    That's my own personal feeling about what *might* go down...YMMV

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Pretty much ANY gun I'd dedicate as "carry" is not getting modified in function in any way shape or form... save grips for proper hand fit.
    My personal opinion is that in an SD situation that turns bad...the prosecutor would have a field day.
    bingo!! I don't modifiy my carry weapons.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    There seems to be a contradiction in the discussion. Usually the glock guys are also the ones saying that you don't need any external safeties with proper training. At that piont following that line of thought the lighter trigger shouldn't be an issue one way or the other. On the other hand, if a lighter trigger will not only be more accurate but also be able to shoot faster.

It's a personal decision, but I lean to the side of making shots count so my glocks all have the factory glock 3.5# connector. For me it just makes me that much more accurate.

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I wouldn't carry the Glock with the 3.5-pound connector just because I like the 5.5-pound connector better. I think the 3.5 feels mushy and the 5.5 breaks cleaner.
    That being said, would you carry a 1911 with the hammer cocked, thumb safety off, and the grip safety taped down? Other then the Glock trigger safety, that's essentially what you're doing with the 3.5-pound connector.

You must not know how either weapon functions internally, because if you did, you would know what you said is not correct. That's apples and oranges

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis

I can see your point, but if you are in court, that means you survived your encounter and the perp died... What's that saying? Oh yea, I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6....:D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    What's that saying? Oh yea, I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6....:D

Exactly my point. I don't want anybody making those 12 to be made to think "wow...that gun was altered to shoot lighter/quicker...she was LOOKING for a fight in order to put holes in somebody!"
    I think altering a personal protection/defense weapon's function in any way can be spun in all sorts of directions.
    At the end of the day, I just want to go home to my family.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    And skin tone of real blondes doesn't look so great in orange, anyhow.
    It washes us out and makes us look a little jaundice-y. :D

thumperdogg

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Hartford City

I have never heard of a case such as this. To me that is like saying he was out to kill someone, that is why he was carrying hollow points.

God forbid you have a Punisher slide plate!!!!!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I have never heard of a case such as this. To me that is like saying he was out to kill someone, that is why he was carrying hollow points.

I've never heard of one either...but I don't want to be the test case if it happens!
    :D

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009

A slide plate is ALOT different than a internal mod. make the changes you wish, the less I have to explain the better. BONE STOCK here!! I practice stock so its not a big deal for me. pick ur poison

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    My EDC Glock 26 is box stock.
    My range/competition G21 has hoity toity trigger and sights and etc.
    Have had no issues with either gun & I appreciate the hoity toity stuff, just prefer stock for EDC for reasons noted previously in this thread.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    How about a Glock with a 3.5 lbs. trigger and a Serpa holster. Now that is a accident waiting to happen IMO

Top Bottom