• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CheckmARk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    I went cheap for my first G26 holster and picked up one of the Glock Sport Combat holsters for ~$15. It actually works pretty well for OWB carry. I trimmed the top tab out of the loops for belt clearance & lubed the inside with a light wipe of silicone spray to aid in release. I also used a heatgun to warm the wings and give them a little inward bend. I prefer it with my belt going around it rather than behind it. Obviously, there are much finer holsters out there than this, but it was there & so was I.
    I also found that I really like the feel of the Glock 19 mags in the 26 for range use, and at night, I use one of them instead of the standard 10 rounder. You definitely want to get some of them. If you haven't seen them, check out the Hickok45 youtube videos. They're pretty excellent.
    Best to ya,
    klm

hoosier31

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Bedford
    Just thought I would update anyone that's following this thread. I added the pearce grip extension, it definitely makes the gun a lot more comfortable in my hand. I have smaller hands, so it wasn't too much of a problem before, but this is better. I also went with a FoxX Leather Hybrid holster, I have had it for about 5 days and I love it. It is the most comfortable holster I've ever worn. My next upgrade is night sites, I just have to pick which ones I want and find someone to install them for me haha.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    I bought my 26 with the trijicons already installed. I added the Pearce Grip PG-39 to 3 of my mags. I have a 4th mag without any extensions for when I ankle carry. Not really much more you can do to it from there.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    Dale Fricke Archangel holster, standard mags, Ameriglo Hackathorns, and an extended mag release.. I like the Vickers.

If you are going with +2's, why not just run a G19 and take advantage of the capacity. Shorter, smaller print is what the 26 is for, right?

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Trijicon or Meprolite night sights, NY-1 trigger spring, extended slide release. This is what I do for all my Glocks. I do have extended base plates on my G-26, Glock part 7151. Lots of ammo and practice makes perfect.

mattritchie238

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    +1 for Hooch Holsters! Great guy to deal with and an equally great holster. You won't be disappointed. Other than that, just feed it!

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I love my glock 26, it is my EDC gun. I use the crossbreed supertuck IWB and all of my magazines have grip extentions. Blade-Tech makes some great holsters as well.
    Great choice on a gun, it will serve you well.

dusty711

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    New Albany on the river
    You guys are killing me with the glock 26 praise, had my mind all made up to get a shield and now I just can't make up my mind again. I am old school and like the thumb safety but see where it could be problem in a stressful situation. Do you all have any concerns when holstering the glocks? Just don't know if I can make the transition to a non safety gun.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    You guys are killing me with the glock 26 praise, had my mind all made up to get a shield and now I just can't make up my mind again. I am old school and like the thumb safety but see where it could be problem in a stressful situation. Do you all have any concerns when holstering the glocks? Just don't know if I can make the transition to a non safety gun.

Just keep your finger off the trigger, then it won't go bang when you holster it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008

I've got a G26 and I'm also going to buy a shield one of these days too. There's room for both so don't feel too torn.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Pierce Grips , I like my Blackhawk paddle IWB holster, my latest is the CRT laser grip.

For all my Glocks I extend the mag release button and the extended slide release. Night sites are nice, but I have had some pros tell me they not really all that.

10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg

I've never had an issue nor do I know anybody who has had ND from holstering their Glock. Once you're done firing your weapon, take your finger off the trigger and TAKE YOUR TIME holstering your weapon. I never understood people's need to "speed holster" their weapon.

Top Bottom