• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10-32

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    B-Burg
    Night sites are nice, but I have had some pros tell me they not really all that.

It really just depends on you're primary reason for having/needing a firearm with night sights. If there's a chance you'll be clearing a building at night, you work the grave yard shift at some old dimly lit apartment complex or anything similar to that, yeah, night sites are great.

If you're carrying a firearm for personal defense and you get out and practice enough with it, chances are you're not going to even use the sites. Seriously, sit and think about this. Think about all the times you though you of needed you're firearm or wish you had it. Think about what is LIKELY to happen in your day to day like in which you will need your firearm. Now, estimate the distance in which the threat IS LIKELY to present itself. Most threats, muggings, assault, car jacking are going to occur at <12'. If you practice enough with your firearm, you should be able to point, shoot, and hit your target without using your sites.

Next it you head out to the range, set up a standard silhouette target at 12', put masking tape over your sites and fire a few rounds while concentrating on the target. You're going to hit it. Keep in mind self defense is not about hitting bull's eyes, it's about taking out as many organs as possible. If you're firing in two round burst, you don't want both rounds going into the same lung. You want to take out a lung, the heart, or maybe hit the spinal cord.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I dont understand why everyone is so afraid of the trigger? Most people who dislike, or just refuse to accept glocks, do so because "theres no safety"

Like the old adage goes. KEEP YOUR BOOGER HOOK OFF THE BANG SWITCH. Its ready to go whenever you need it, but it wont go when you dont want it to, if you keep your damn finger out of the trigger guard.

Last edited:

mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    Absolutely get the extended slide release. You'll understand once you field strip it a few times. My holster choice for the G26 is a Fist Kydex. It's a IWB and very thin and comfortable once you find the sweet spot.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Glocks have 3 safeties, all of which can only be released by pulling the trigger. If you dont pull the trigger and release the trigger safety, the gun will not fire.

As said before , the bogger hook on the bang switch is the only way to get a glock to go bang (I like that saying).

Last edited:
    Top Bottom