• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I am trying to reduce the variety of different handgun ammunition that I have to stock. I have gotten rid of everything that is not 9mm or .45acp.
    I understand. I have just the opposite plan. I want to get my hands on as many as I can. I own only 3 handguns and one rife (Beretta 92FS Compact, Glock 26, Taurus 605, and a Mosin Nagant). I didn't take my own advise and buy the 27, because I didn't do my research. You have a plan, and you cannot go wrong with either choice. Congradulations on the upcoming purchase.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    PleasegoonCat.jpg

Be careful what you wish for. I can do this all day. I love how sarcasm on the internet is so often code for "I have nothing worthwhile to say."

GlenD65

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Hamilton County, IN
    I shot both before purchasing an XD. Both shot really well but the XD fit my hand better than the Glock 26. It was also less costly, came with more gear and has a higher magazine capacity. I don't think you could go wrong with either. I just thought the XD was the better choice for me.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I'm not a big Glock fan - even tho I own one.

But I am a big XDm fan

025-Copy.jpg

This gun is a tack driver.

Good luck with your choice.

:cool:

dsom2006

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Noblesville
    The load indicator on the XD would be very helpful in a encounter where you can verify that there is round in the chamber and not have to rack your slide to be sure and be detected.

Last edited:

Garrett72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 26, 2011
    Granger, In
    Both are great guns and have their pros and cons, but just get the one that feels better in your hands. I had trouble choosing between them as well, and went with the XD only because it just felt better in my hand!

Jenel

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    I would vote for the Glock 26. I was told the Gen 4's are supposed to be out soon. I bought a gen 4 G23 to match my duty G22, I love it. The new rough texture frame makes it feel like someone would have to cut your hand off at the wrist to get the gun.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Tried the Glock thing, not for me. Great guns but I prefer others. I had a XD9SC for a while and really liked it, almost right up there with my M&P 9c. I went with the Smith because I liked the ergos on the 9c and was a little more accurate with it, but only slightly.

Handle and shoot as many guns as you can and you will know which one works best for you. I would consider some other options too such as the M&P 9c and the Ruger SR9c. Also the Kahr PM9 is slightly smaller than these and my personal favorite carry gun.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Loaded chamber.

The load indicator on the XD would be very helpful in a encounter where you can verify that there is round in the chamber and not have to rack your slide to be sure and be detected.

Gen.3 and Gen.4 G-26's have a loaded chamber indicator it is part of the extractor and can be seen as well as felt in the dark, no need to rack the slide. :)

Top Bottom