• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I was in an Indy gun shop the other day and was looking at a Galco ankle holster for the Glock 26/27. The nice gentleman behind the counter told me lots of police officers carry a 26 there and was kind enough to open the box and put a 27 in it. I was wearing dress pants and when I put it one it looked the same as if I was trying to hide an Xbox under my shirt. Anyone you know CCW a Glock 26/27 in an ankle holster? How do you do it without looking like you're trying to carry a hand gun on your ankle?

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I occassionally carry a 27 on my ankle when I'm at a family function or somewhere I am wearing a tight fitting shirt and can't wear it IWB. In jeans it looks more natural as the cuffs are normally baggy. In dress pants though it does look strange because they typically are supposed to look straight and flat. If not for the holster itself the gun would be easily concealable. It's bulky. Even in jeans, however, if you knew what you were looking for, you could see it.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    I was watching "US Marshalls" with Tommy Lee Jones over the weekend. In the scene where he boards the 'jail plane', he has to disarm... he was wearing a Glock in a ankle holster, under his business suit. Up until the moment he pulled it off, I hadn't noticed it.

I've worn one (on occasion) for about 5 years. The trick is to wear the right pants... boot cut or loose fit... you won't hide a Glock under a well-tapered suit, dark colors also help.

Some people think it's similar to wearing a brick, I'd say it's something you get use to... or you get a pocket gun.

Last edited:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    I wear a G27 in a Galco Ankle Glove about half the time I carry. Spandex ain't gonna work (even if I had some ;)), but loose cut jeans do pretty well.

As with other carry options, the user is always aware that they are carrying, others ...not so much. People generally (except for those of you who are looking) don't notice the feet and ankles of others. Now, if you were wearing tight jeans, that would be a different story. But with a little thought and placement of the pistol, you can make it work.

I was waiting in line the other night and did happen to notice the jeans on a woman in front of me ...one of the first things I thought when I saw the cut of the jeans, was "She ain't hiding anything in those jeans!" :D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I have ankle carried for a couple years. For my Glock 23 or 27 (I carry the 27 mostly) I use a De Santis. I always wear 7-8" high work type boots (When polished they even look good in dress pants for church) and 1 size longer jeans or slacks with boot cut bottoms. The weight of the gun rests on the boot top and I actually forget it's there. I've practiced going down on my right knee (the piece is on my left ankle) and pulling the front and back of the jeans up at the same time and can actually draw pretty quickly. (Please, Mr. convience store robber. I have to tie my shoe. BAM) I have another rig that I use for my GP101 which really hides. 5 rounds of .357 in your face is pretty bad too with 1 speed loader in my pocket. In summary, I'm very comfortable carrying on my ankle, it hides well and I believe most thugs won't be looking at my ankle trying to make me. And that's a tactical advantage.

moischmoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Noble County, IN
    Don't wear these...:puke:
    skinny-jeans.jpg

I miss the good ol' days, when girls wore pants like these.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, its creepy to see a pair of nice legs in the parking lot and then realize you were checking out some dude... :(

I've ankle carried before, but not yet with my G26. Whats everybodies vote on the best holster for it?

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Its doable with an ankle holster, but a little on the heavy side after a normal day. I like the ones with sheep skin backing - really helps keep the leg from taking a beating though!

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I was watching "US Marshalls" with Tommy Lee Jones over the weekend. In the scene where he boards the 'jail plane', he has to disarm... he was wearing a Glock in a ankle holster, under his business suit. Up until the moment he pulled it off, I hadn't noticed it.

I've worn one (on occasion) for about 5 years. The trick is to wear the right pants... boot cut or loose fit... you won't hide a Glock under a well-tapered suit, dark colors also help.

Some people think it's similar to wearing a brick, I'd say it's something you get use to... or you get a pocket gun.

Yeah, that's because he was not wearing it up until the moment they did that scene where he draws it. Come on man.. its Folly-wood.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If you are affraid that your pants look weird you could just wear shorts and OC with your ankle holster, problem solved. :D

The G26 looks like its too heavy and large to carry on your ankle.
    Im not really a fan of ankle carry.I dont really see how you can run, jump or throw kicks with a brick attached to your ankle.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Whats everybodies vote on the best holster for it?

My vote would be for the Galco Ankle Glove. I haven't used others except for a cheap black hawk, which held the gun okay, but was very uncomfortable. My G27 in the Galco is incredibly comfortable ...literally all day comfort and, while I haven't played soccer with it on, it doesn't move in my ever-day activities. There are probably other good options out there, I just haven't tried them.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I am leery of the cheap nylon ankle holsters now. Especially with a gun the size of the 26. I have a Blackhawk, or maybe a Bulldog one that I used to carry my P64 in. It worked ok, but it tended to bounce around a lot when I went up stairs or anything. It worked really great for my TCP though, since that is a lighter gun. But then I put a laser on my TCP, and it won't fit in there anymore, so I have given that holster to my mother. Trying to get her to keep her LCP on her and not in her purse....

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I would think it would be restrictive and uncomfortable on your junk....not to mention losing the usage of all your pockets for anything larger than a single credit card.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    I am considering the LCP for ankle carry or pocket carry after reading the posts here on this thread. I think I will keep my Glock 26 in the Crossbreed Supertuck for times when I don't have my shirt tucked in or while wearing dress pants. My dress pants fit well, so there isn't room for the gun. If I get them one one size larger, there is too much room in the butt and it looks ridiculous.

Top Bottom