• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    Great advice here so far, and both will handle thousands and thousands of rounds reliably. My duty weapon is a Sig 220, and it is a great weapon. If cost wasn't an issue I would take the 226 over another 17, but for everyday carry the smaller lighter 19 would be a better choice. The consistent trigger pull is defiantly a consideration too.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Both are great but I voted G19 because as of yesterday you could buy G19 mags (I bought some 17 and 21 mags but there were 19 mags available).

With the legislation heading into the Senate today the poll should be about what hi cap mags can I find easiest? Then buy a gun to fit the mags you have in hand. You are late to the game. If you have to go 10 rounds max, go smaller gun or .45.

We run 19's and 17's and the 17 mags work fine in both. It is nice to have a few 19 mags for CCW but at this point you better buy something and stop doing polls.

Sarabian

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    North Central IN
    I own a Glock 17 and a Sig P228. I have owned the Glock for over 20 years and will never get rid of it. I have carried it as a duty weapon, an EDC, and used it as a home defense gun. I love it. It has jammed a grand total of 2 times since I bought it new and one of those was with reloads. You will not go wrong using a Glock for defense.

Likewise, I have also carried my P228 on duty, concealed, and at home. I have never had a jam with my Sig (neither this one, or the last one I had) and they shoot fantastic.

The only thing I have to add is that you are looking for an EDC gun and the G19 is the compact version, while the P226 is the full size. Perhaps find an old P228 or the new P229 for a slightly smaller size - or if a full size handgun is ok, then just go with the P226.

I highly recommend using both. Get one and then, as soon as you can afford it, get the other.

Cannonfodder333

Shooter
    Rating - 97%
    32   1   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    I've owned both and for carry, upgrades, quality.......glock 19 all the way. The 226 is an amazingly accurate gun, but not super practical for me.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    If you still haven't bought one, get the Sig. G19s are impossible to find and insanely priced right now (like a grand on gun broker).The Sigs are roughly still the same as they were.

Really? Maybe I should sell a few of mine so I can run to the LGS and buy some new ones for $550! :dunno:

mjblazor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 28, 2011
    I have owned both. Neither are my favorite. Both aver very different guns and you really should go put your hands on both. For me, for my hands, I just can't figure out how to comfortably hold a the P226. On the other hand, I don't care for the grip angle of the Glock 19 and I tend to shoot high when shooting the G19.

I owned a Gen 3 G19. Sold it. I owned a P226. Sold it. I eventually bought a Gen 4 G19. I'm still not a fan.

For my hand I much prefer the CZ75B. Its used by more military and police than either Glock or Sig. Not really popular here in the USA, but its becoming more popular/available. Its got controls like a 1911, which is my main carry gun, but is a double stack with higher capacity than my 1911 pistols so I use the CZ as my house gun.

I did same and ended up with an SR9C and love it.

Warsaw214

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Warsaw
    Depends... I own a glock for CC but love to shoot 226... 226 is very accurate and natural to shoot both first shot and follow up shots

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I voted for the 19. I have a gen 3 19 that is my EDC and it is the perfect handgun for me. Not too big and not too small.

Aftermarket parts and mags are easy to find and Glocks in general are an easy platform to add modifications too.

As a concealed carry weapon the 19 is easy to hide and, with a good holster, the weight is unnoticeable.

I would recommend that you personally try both and decide which is best for you. Like I said, the 19 is perfect FOR ME.

Last edited:

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Since you said EDC, my vote would be for the G19. After a long day I think the Glock would feel better.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    If I was just wanting to buy the best gun I would go with the sig. For an everyday carry gun I would go with the glock. They are cheap but reliable, a little lighter, and you wont care if it gets dirty or scuffed up.

Top Bottom