• Glock 19 or Glock 26 for EDC?

• Total voters

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    The 26 is my choice. I just feel a little more comfortable with it. An extra mag in my left pocket and I am ready to go.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    In my experience the 26 is only slightly more concealable than the 19 (I carried a 27 for about 2.5 years before switching to the 19). If it were a little thinner, allowing for pocket or ankle carry, I might feel differently. But if I'm going to have to wear it on my belt anyway I prefer to have a duty size weapon which the mid size Glocks just barely make that category in my opinion.

cmstuard

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    96   0   0
    Aug 21, 2011
    SW Indiana
    I have a Glock 26 that stays under the dash and I carry a Bodyguard 380. I keep a G17 mag in it with a slip-over sleeve making it very comfortable in my hand. If my clothing permits me to carry this, I switch to my G26 with a 10 round mag. G26 is pretty easy to conceal and you can use higher capacity mags with no loss in reliability. It gives you options with no loss in function and reliability. My only comment is to by good mag sleeves and do not over tighten the sleeve on the mag.

BTW - I'm selling my trigger guard laser (Crimson Trace - $125) and the guide rod laser (LaserMax $150) for the G26 if you buy one and interested.

Last edited:

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    if you can shoot the 26 without the grip extension then go with the 26. round count is not a problem with good shot placement and ammo.

Top Bottom