• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    So how are you doing with those physics lectures? I could certainly use the help.

A nice one on event horizons. And something on the red shift. Just as warm-up, of course. Then maybe one on thermodynamics, which will give you a chance to explain why atmospheric CO2 can't possibly reflect radiant heat back to the planet causing heat buildup. From there we can move on to M Theory mathematics. Along the way perhaps something about 123.5 GeV and the nature of the field effect of the particle(s) they think they found there.

I can't speak for level.eleven, but I can hardly wait.
    I would be glad to help.Did you have an actual question?
    My knowledge of quantum mechanics is probably dated a few years.String theory was difficult for me,but I have a fairly good grasp of the subject.If you want to talk about the Higgs i suggest you contact Mark Bissel at 41227676111 extension 72783,I am positive he can answer most any question you have.

As far as peer reviewed papers,I have yet to see anyone post a link to one for me to read.Here is a published paper on how little impact humans have in global warming.
    JOURNAL OF GEOPHYSICAL RESEARCH, VOL. 112
    http://www.fel.duke.edu/~scafetta/pdf/2007JD008437.pdf

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    How about this.I will keep an open mind.You post me a peer reviewed study(not from the IPCC)showing anamorphic global warming is the reason for our rise in temperature.
    I will read it with an open mind.Now is your chance.Convert me to a believer.

Yup, best to remove the leading body for assessment of climate change out of your requirements.... You know, the people who specifically demonstrated exactly what you are asking for....

Contrary to your claims, the current models account for climate change very closely. When you remove man introduced CO2, none of the current models are anywhere near recently recorded data points....

All while those skeptical of man altering the environment criticize without countering with any models demonstrating what is happening in our world.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Yup, best to remove the leading body for assessment of climate change out of your requirements.... You know, the people who specifically demonstrated exactly what you are asking for....

Contrary to your claims, the current models account for climate change very closely. When you remove man introduced CO2, none of the current models are anywhere near recently recorded data points....

All while those skeptical of man altering the environment criticize without countering with any models demonstrating what is happening in our world.
    What about all those hundreds of climate scientist who actively publish papers?Surely there is someone out there besides the IPCC who has had a paper published supporting man made global warming...right? Show me one such paper.It is all I ask.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    What about all those hundreds of climate scientist who actively publish papers?Surely there is someone out there besides the IPCC who has had a paper published supporting man made global warming...right? Show me one such paper.It is all I ask.

Modern Global Climate Change

1. Thomas R. Karl
    2. Kevin E. Trenberth
    I will be happy to look at a model accounting for the current climate without the presence of human introduced CO2 whenever someone creates it.

Last edited:

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I would be glad to help.Did you have an actual question?
    My knowledge of quantum mechanics is probably dated a few years.String theory was difficult for me,but I have a fairly good grasp of the subject.If you want to talk about the Higgs i suggest you contact Mark Bissel at 41227676111 extension 72783,I am positive he can answer most any question you have.

No problem. You can duck the questions if you'd like. I had no expectation that anything of value would be forthcoming.

newguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    warrick county
    i apologize for my rude language earlier but anytime i hear someone try to prove global warming my tourettes kicks in. ill try to watch what i say in the future.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    an_inconvenient_lighter.jpg

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Modern Global Climate Change

1. Thomas R. Karl
    2. Kevin E. Trenberth
    I will be happy to look at a model accounting for the current climate without the presence of human introduced CO2 whenever someone creates it.
    From the Thomas R. Karl paper.
    "On multidecadal time scales, tropospheric amplification of surface
    warming is a robust feature of model simulations, but it occurs in only one
    observational data set. Other observations show weak, or even negative, amplification.
    These results suggest either that different physical mechanisms control
    amplification processes on monthly and decadal time scales, and models fail to capture such behavior.
    In both models and observations,the tropical surface warms over this period.Simulated surface warming is amplified in the tropical troposphere, corresponding to a decrease in lapse rate (2, 3, 9). In contrast,
    a number of radiosonde and satellite data sets suggest that the tropical troposphere has warmed less than the surface, or even cooled,which would correspond to an increase in lapse rate.

Alternately, there may be a real disparity between modeled and observed lapse-rate changes over the satellite era (9–11, 21). This disparity would point toward the existence of fundamental deficiencies in current climate
    models (and/or in the forcings used in model experiments), thus diminishing our confidence in model predictions of climate change.

Look at the graphs on page 1552.He is using them as an example of how wrong the models are.With only the figures in A even remotely close to the actual measured data,because it included Volcanic activity.

When scaling ratios are calculated for multidecadal linear trends, both radiosonde data sets are clear outliers. HadAT2 and RATPAC Rb(z) values never exceed 0.82, indicating damping of the surface warming trend in the
    free atmosphere (Fig. 3B). None of the 49 model realizations demonstrates such behavior. The shapes of the radiosonde-based scaling ratio profiles also differ from model and theoretical results, with peak values at generally lower atmospheric levels.

Look at the HUGE difference between the models(8 different models)and the actual observed temperature changes on page 1554.
    The real conundrum in Fig. 4 is the complex behavior of the observations. On monthly timescales, the amplification behavior of models and observations is consistent. On decadal timescales, however, only the RSSbased T2LT and TFu trends have scaling factors that are in reasonable accord with model results.

No where in that study does he even mention humans as a cause for global warming.That paper is more a study of why all the models are wrong than anything.I will read the next one.

Top Bottom