• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The guys at The Telegraph have put together an interesting piece on the state of the world economy and things look to be unraveling. China's economy is tanking and the BRICS are failing and things aren't looking good in the commodities sector in the US or global markets. Looks like we could be in for a really tough time sooner than some of us have expected. If things pan out as predicted it's going to get really ugly for damned near everyone on the planet.

Doomsday clock for global market crash strikes one minute to midnight as central banks lose control - Telegraph

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    I hope it does! It would be hell for many. If it does, it would be wise for the people to rise up and imprison all corporate bankers, central bankers, federal reserve bankers , corrupt politicians , corrupt judges and wall street insiders. And then create a new monetary system for the people by the people!

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Can't be true. It was just this morning on the CBS Morning Ruse that I heard the reason for the recent increase in road deaths was the improving economy. With more disposable income, people are driving more and therefore getting killed in growing numbers. If reading my post causes your head to shake, mine did the same thing. Let 'er burn. Let's get it over with while I'm young enough to rebuild.

What's behind spike in deaths on U.S. roads? - Videos - CBS News

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You guys really don't know what you're wishing for. There's no guarantee that your vision of the rebuilt system will be any better than what we have now and there's certainly no guarantee it will result in more freedom and less government intrusion.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    You guys really don't know what you're wishing for. There's no guarantee that your vision of the rebuilt system will be any better than what we have now and there's certainly no guarantee it will result in more freedom and less government intrusion.

This right here. Best way to fix it is through little reform after little reform, and not with a total collapse.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Interesting stat during the great depression, death rates actually fell. I was expecting that the opposite would have been true, but no. This may have been due in general to medical advances in the same time frame. However, suicide rates were higher than usual. I'm guessing we would see a similar surge in suicides if the economy tanked as predicted in the OP's article. No doubt, it would be the toughest time most of us would have to face up to this point in our lives.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A global market crash...a true global market crash would make the Great Depression look like a minor blip and rather than ushering in greater freedom and sane governing, would place greater power in the hands of those who pat the public's collective heads and tell them they'll make it all better. Friends, such people tend not to be fans of personal liberty and representative government.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Well, we're in a bit of a dire need for a bottleneck anyway, so maybe it wouldn't be all bad.

But I am in sincere agreement with those that have said 'be careful what you wish for'...it's easy for us to sit in our relative comfort and be flippant about world-wide war over socioeconomic strife, but when it's on your own doorstep, and your doorstep is made of dirt instead of the brick you remember from a decade before, it will not be so abstract.

-Nate

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy

They either don't or want to project an image.

I say it all depends on how it goes down and how many necks the guberment is willing to stomp on .

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

Agreed.

Hopefully most here are prepared for such an event or as much as one can be. As a Glenn Beck listener he has been speaking about an event like this for some time now. Gold, guns, food and God, you will need all four.

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    When does Mr. Beck claim this collapse will happen?

He doesnt, just sooner rather than later.

I dont need Glenn to tell me these things, we see it for ourselves. When interest rates are at zero and we are printing money at such a rapid pace, if/when something happens, there are no fixes.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

For sure, the Great Depression was no picnic.

Top Bottom