• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • olhorseman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Middle of nowhere NC
    You guys really don't know what you're wishing for. There's no guarantee that your vision of the rebuilt system will be any better than what we have now and there's certainly no guarantee it will result in more freedom and less government intrusion.
    QFT, and who would have the knowledge,ability, and responsibility to build the new system? Those who controlled the old system.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You guys really don't know what you're wishing for. There's no guarantee that your vision of the rebuilt system will be any better than what we have now and there's certainly no guarantee it will result in more freedom and less government intrusion.

And certainly NO guarantee it wouldn't result in martial law and Generalissimo Obama

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And certainly NO guarantee it wouldn't result in martial law and Generalissimo Obama

Or worse. Should enough **** hit the fan, with enough volume and velocity, and people are hungry and cold enough, do you think they'll stand up for your gun rights, homosexual rights, freedom of religion and speech, if the demigod that will surely rise promises to solve their maladies if only they'll acquiesce to his benevolent requirements?

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    For the sake of all that is good and holy...please say you forgot the purple.

My INGO doesn't have much purple and I happen to be out at the moment .

So you saying you believe that there's no terrain INSIDE a military base that they could use to train up their troops or is it the lack of civilians to get smacked around ?

You saying nothing about it stinks to you ?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've asked this before and never received an answer but I'll try again.

As a middle class, working man with a family, mortgage and car payment what would a global crash of the economy mean for me? Will the farmers stop farming so there won't be food? Will the power plants stop producing so there won't be heat? Will my salary remain steady while inflation pushes the price of ground beef to $500/lb?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, I know absolutely nothing about finance above how to manage my own and pay what I owe to those I owe on time. In my ignorance, most of this seems like numbers in computer databases. I'm sure I would not be unaffected but have no realistic idea of what a global economic crash would mean. I find it difficult to believe that everyone in the country would just sit down, stop working and starve or die from exposure.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Phylo , the best opinion I could give ( worth what you paid for it ) , is to read FerFal's account of the things that happened in his country with the understanding that this is Merica ! FY !!! , so things may not go the same way .

Farmer's farming , maybe some quit farming because of many reasons .

The price of food / goods changes every half hour .

Power and water / sewer services are sporadic or every third day .

Short answer is I don't think anyone really knows what would happen here but FerFal's blog / book might give us a glimpse of what could happen .

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Everybody's standard of living goes down unless you are at the top in a depression. People with money buy everything up at bargain prices.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I need and want a big crash, complete with a total governmental breakdown. Once that happens I can start building up my power base and become Warlord of the Midwest.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If things pan out as predicted it's going to get really ugly for damned near everyone on the planet.

Except for the 90% give or take who already live subsistence on what they grow, and don't have a cell phone or bank account or depend on any modern conveniences. I'm guessing they won't notice much change?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If they keep predicting it long enough, maybe they'll eventually get it right.

surviving.jpg

51M4ZX1MJ7L._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Apocalypse%20cover(33).jpg

The Great Global Doom is like Peak Oil. Always just around the corner...never quite here.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    90%? Seems high.

I dunno. What percentage of humans still live in villages/towns with no electricity or other conveniences.

Anyway, they won't notice all the pain we're about to go through. And all that will happen to us is we'll be back to the 19th century in many respects.

People survived, somehow. But most had to pull their weight, which will be a big change for many in the 'developed' world.

And I wouldn't assume the 1% now will be the 1% come the crash. Different times will require different skill sets...

CountryBoy1981

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    If they keep predicting it long enough, maybe they'll eventually get it right.

surviving.jpg

51M4ZX1MJ7L._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Apocalypse%20cover(33).jpg

The Great Global Doom is like Peak Oil. Always just around the corner...never quite here.

How much longer can the U.S. go with borrowing and printing money? The budget hasn't been balanced since the 1960s (or 90s if you don't include the money stolen from social security to balance the budget). It can't go on forever and no one in Washington wants to say no to people with their hands out.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    How much longer can the U.S. go with borrowing and printing money? The budget hasn't been balanced since the 1960s (or 90s if you don't include the money stolen from social security to balance the budget). It can't go on forever and no one in Washington wants to say no to people with their hands out.

Theoretically they can do it almost nonstop to not a whole lot of consequence. Nation debt is not the same as personal debt.

Top Bottom