• ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Reasonable person

well, ok, I'll not share my blanket...blanket statements are for twin beds only :>) ...and Im not sharing blankets with anyone on here LOL

and yes my new shooting muffs came today LOL

now....I'll tell you what my law background is if you'll do the same....zero....I'm not taking any chances with how a slick lawyer and jury might interpret the law either.......

my point I guess was not written well as happens on forums...the point being...in all the code citations above the wording refers to:
    quotes:
    --reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force
    --believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury
    --involves the use or threat of force against a human being, or in which there is imminent danger of bodily injury to a human being.
    (1) by using or threatening the use of force on any person; or
    (2) by putting any person in fear;

we can senario all day long but the word BELIEVES can put us in trouble I believe because it has to be a reasonable belief doesn't it? esp when we are observing two strangers in the senario...who might be husband and wife....brother sister ?

not practicing law no mo no mo :>)
    not convinced on the audio of these new muffs either
    any lawyers on here?...that will admit it :>)

IANAL. This is more of an FYI.

It is my understanding that when you read that type of legalese, when it says something like "a person reasonably believes", that refers to something that a "reasonable person" would think, believe, and do in that situation. While Wikipedia is not an academic resource, its article on a reasonable person does a good job covering the topic for folks like us: Reasonable person - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

From what I've gathered, you don't have to be able to define why you believed what you did as that may require you to forfeit your Fifth Amendment rights. That is not to say that you shouldn't give careful thought and use all due diligence before taking action; no, one should certainly be mindful that he may be misunderstanding the situation, and one's use of force may not be justified at all. One may have simply witnessed a father picking up a truant daughter rather than a predator kidnapping a little girl. But, regardless, one shouldn't feel obligated to explain his actions (remember the thread about not talking to the cops?).

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    IANAL. This is more of an FYI.

It is my understanding that when you read that type of legalese, when it says something like "a person reasonably believes", that refers to something that a "reasonable person" would think, believe, and do in that situation. While Wikipedia is not an academic resource, its article on a reasonable person does a good job covering the topic for folks like us: Reasonable person - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

From what I've gathered, you don't have to be able to define why you believed what you did as that may require you to forfeit your Fifth Amendment rights. That is not to say that you shouldn't give careful thought and use all due diligence before taking action; no, one should certainly be mindful that he may be misunderstanding the situation, and one's use of force may not be justified at all. One may have simply witnessed a father picking up a truant daughter rather than a predator kidnapping a little girl. But, regardless, one shouldn't feel obligated to explain his actions (remember the thread about not talking to the cops?).

I agree with you on the first part about the "reasonable person" doctrine.

I believe that the 5A right against self-incrimination would be limited in this case because you have to admit to committing the crime BUT you are claiming your actions were justified due to self-defense. I think that's called an "affirmative defense".

When you assert "self-defense" as a defense against prosecution you're going to have to explain why your actions were justified or "reasonable". At that point it's up to the prosecution to prove why your actions weren't "reasonable" if it goes to trial. If you don't initially talk to the cops/prosecutor (with a lawyer present, of course), you're going to have to tell the jury during a trial. Hopefully you can explain to the prosecutors satisfaction that the actions you took were "reasonable" early enough on so that you won't have to go to trial in the first place.

You may not have to tell the prosecutors/judge/jury everything (that might incriminate you) but you will have to AT LEAST justify your actions to SOMEONE eventually or you will go to jail.

And no, IANAL either.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Interesting responses, and as is easily noted, widely disparate.

That's fine, this is something everyone here (and anywhere if they wear a gun) SHOULD be thinking about, and discussing.

There are some fine answers, and some not-so-fine. I leave it to you to determine which is which.

Personally, as a new friend to everyone here (previous posts of mine that this or that person didn't like notwithstanding), I STRONGLY advise you to clear this / these issue / issues in your mind thoroughly, 100%, before you even consider walking out of your house again, armed with your favorite gear.

It's not a bad idea to even have a specific forum section devoted to laying out various scenarios, then determining how YOU would act / react in that specific scenario. There might be different choices of potential answers ("would you a: x, b: x+y, c: x-y, etc.), with each respondent explaining / justifying their answer.

Even for those who choose not to answer on the forum, they could at least figure it out in their own minds, and decide at that point. The "Heard a shot inside a convenience store, 2 men running out but only the second man APPEARS to have a weapon" is a good example.

The point is, in my strong and fervent opinion, if you're not sure at exactly what point you would fire, or even at what point in the scenario you would draw your weapon, you need to seriously consider WHY you carry a weapon when leaving your home. BTW, "Because I CAN!" is NOT a viable answer, for those who appear to want to live by that unsustainable philosophy. And the law isn't going to go along with it, either. Sorry.

You also STRONGLY want to consider how you "carry" yourself, your "demeanor" if you will EVERYWHERE you go, even here.

For example, SOME folks here have avatars, "quips", or sayings posted with their accounts (signature lines, pics, etc.) that COULD play a harsh, detrimental role in their defense IF they ever found themselves in court defending themself in a shooting incident.

One example that comes to mind is the member with the avatar of a little boy give us (the camera) the middle-finger. If that member ever has to defend him / herself in court over a shooting, I guarantee you that image WILL show up in front of the jury, presented by the prosecution.

It would go towards showing the mindset, the reckless disregard and disrespect THAT person has for humanity. ANY and ALL other such images, verbiage, "one-liners", etc. of a negative connotation will likewise, absolutely, be presented. And YES, the prosecution WILL look here and WILL find it. To believe otherwise is not only foolhardy, but pretty stupid.

MANY of the responses posted here presume the member is going to end up in some "fast draw" competition with some bad guy or bad guys, and that he / she knows EXACTLY when they're grabbing their gun and firing upon that bad guy / guys.

Experience will tell you that such clear-cut, black & white scenarios rarely occur in the world of civilian gun-toting, and even in LEO scenarios. Situations tend to "degrade", lead up to, the moment when lethal force or potential lethal force is necessary or justified.

That degradation may take place over several hours, or a split-second.

My point is that you're MOST LIKELY not going to know 100% of the facts before you're called upon to act, or not act.

If you can't be absolutely certain on how you would react in a given situation, even one you don't fully understand but you're put upon to be involved in by other than your own choice, IMO you need to STRONGLY reconsider whether carrying a gun is really right for you.

Just from some of the responses I've read (some complete, some more vague such as "If I had to defend my child.."), it's clear that if the poster waits to act until the scenario has degraded to point where they've stated, they're probably too late in reacting and may end up with them seriously injured, or dead. After that, the p.o.s. BG can do whatever he / she wants with "your child". At least, that's how SOME of the responses appeared to me.

If you actually DO this soulsearching, and each person here SHOULD, and give it some REAL thought, and decides that they probably should NOT carry a gun, that does NOT make them a "tampon-toting sissy". It DOES mean they've come to intelligent realization that carrying a gun is not in the best interests of themself, or their loved ones.

Not everyone is suited to dealing with these types of scenarios in a manner appropriate to them actually carrying a gun in public. MOST probably are not, and that's NOT a bad thing. There's a GOOD percentage of LEO's that really shouldn't be carrying weapons either, because they're not mentally prepared to deal with these types of scenarios, either.

Don't believe me? Take a look at your favorite YouTube videos under "Cop shot" or "cop killed", or watch some of the "reality" shows where the cop is gunned down or killed by some scumbag. Those incidents happened BECAUSE the LEO was NOT mentally prepared (and perhaps not physically, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here) to deal with an actual gunfight.

They weren't prepared, and sadly, they're now dead or seriously disabled. And these are professional, trained, peace officers. Where in that hierarchy do YOU fall?

NOT trying to offend anyone here, honestly. My posting here is for my own fun, and hopefully to help pass along a tidbit or two based on my own experiences.

Do yourself a favor, please. Read through all these, re-read your OWN post, evaluate your own signatures and avatars, and decide deep inside if you should really be carrying a gun out in to the public forum.

Because if you are and you shouldn't be, you may very well get yourself locked up for the next 3 decades, or killed. What will YOUR child do then, without you there?

Hope this helps at least one person.

Thanks for reading this long post, if you bothered.

Last edited:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    My soon-to-be ex-husband was actually who suggested I get my LTCH so I would be able to better protect myself and my son and he has always maintained that if it came down to it, I wouldn't hesitate to "shoot someone in the face" to protect either myself or my son....That being said, there are certain limits on how well I can actually protect anyone, for example, limits on where I can "legally" carry. My employer requires a yearly sign off on a Code of Ethics that forbids me from carrying any type of "weapon" with the penalty being disciplinary action up to and including termination. So I could get fired for carrying my Gerber.....the point is IF you choose to carry, you HAVE to be willing to carry. Not willing to use it? Don't carry. It's that simple really....

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I would go so far as to say that if someone does say he or she could shoot another human being and not think twice about it... that person is the one I would prefer to not see carrying. No, I am not speaking of law. I'm speaking of personal preference. Someone very smart told me years ago that if you ever come to work and there's nothing left for you to learn, hang up your stethoscope and go home, because at that point, you become dangerous. I take that lesson to heart and apply it to the rest of my life as well.

Bill, I almost just pm'd this but after I wrote it I thought this would be good in the thread...

I know for a fact that I can and will take another humans life with little or know thought about it at the time of the incident. Whoever it was has all ready made the decision for me by their actions. If you would prefer I do not carry oh well, your choice thankfully does not affect me. I will do what needs done, be certain of that!

However that being said I can tell you for the next 20 years you will continuously think of it... Every time you had to squeeze the bang switch you will remember...

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I know for a fact that I can and will take another humans life with little or know thought about it at the time of the incident. Whoever it was has all ready made the decision for me by their actions. If you would prefer I do not carry oh well, your choice thankfully does not affect me. I will do what needs done, be certain of that!

However that being said I can tell you for the next 20 years you will continuously think of it... Every time you had to squeeze the bang switch you will remember...
    Not trying to be argumentative here, Jeremy, but just for the sake of this discussion, which IS important:

Exactly HOW do you "know for a fact" that you "can and will take another humans life with little or know thought about it at the time of the incident."?

Have you actually taken someone's life before? Have you actually ever shot someone before? Have you ever been shot yourself, or had someone next (or near) to you shot? Have you ever actually been in a gunfight? Have you ever even drawn down on someone, or even more importantly, ever had someone point a gun at you, and perhaps fired off a round in your direction?

Looking down the barrel of a handgun, shotgun, or rifle and sighting in on someone, not from 500 yards, but close enough to see their eyes and the emotion in their face, I submit to you, is a LOT harder than people seem to realize.

Punching targets, even IDPA, etc., is great, and great training, but it's NOT the same as the emotions required during the battle. That B-27 or cardboard target or whatever isn't drawing down and focusing a gun on YOU with the intent of ending your life. It's a whole different "mood changer", I submit.

And if anyone here is involved in a scenario (god forbid that ever happens) and ya seen the BG grabbing a weapon to attack you (or loved ones, etc.) and you think the appropriate FIRST response is to grab that XD under your shirt in your Crossbreed Supertuck, or even reach for that Glock in your Open Carry Blackhawk CQC...

If you believe that's the appropriate FIRST response for you, I submit to you that you're probably already injured, wounded, or dead.

Sorry Jeremy, again I'm NOT bashing you or trying to humiliate you or whatever on this forum, I promise. I just want to reinforce so anyone bothering to read this understands these scenarios are a L-O-T tougher to be involved in, let alone successfully deal with than we often suppose. We do NOT "win" these scenarios... ever. These aren't video games or IDPA matches.

They're... different. We just survive them, because if you don't, you're family is gathered at a funeral home, TRYING to remember the great things about you, but thinking how tragic and senseless your death was.

MOST people, and I say this positively, do NOT have the ability to turn off their humanity, to take the life of another human being, even some scumbag doing something grossly disgusting. They simply cannot force themselves to have the "internal disregard" it takes. That's good, that's how it SHOULD be.

And you probably WON'T "continuously think of it". More likely it will HAUNT you from time to time, throughout the rest of your life. "SHOULD I have? Was there ANY other way?"

Are you SURE YOU want to live with that if that scenario ever arises? 'Cause you'll be stuck with it on your conscience, justifiable or not... forever.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Not trying to be argumentative here, Jeremy, but just for the sake of this discussion, which IS important:

Exactly HOW do you "know for a fact" that you "can and will take another humans life with little or know thought about it at the time of the incident."?

Have you actually taken someone's life before? Have you actually ever shot someone before? Have you ever been shot yourself, or had someone next (or near) to you shot? Have you ever actually been in a gunfight? Have you ever even drawn down on someone, or even more importantly, ever had someone point a gun at you, and perhaps fired off a round in your direction?

Looking down the barrel of a handgun, shotgun, or rifle and sighting in on someone, not from 500 yards, but close enough to see their eyes and the emotion in their face, I submit to you, is a LOT harder than people seem to realize.

Punching targets, even IDPA, etc., is great, and great training, but it's NOT the same as the emotions required during the battle. That B-27 or cardboard target or whatever isn't drawing down and focusing a gun on YOU with the intent of ending your life. It's a whole different "mood changer", I submit.

And if anyone here is involved in a scenario (god forbid that ever happens) and ya seen the BG grabbing a weapon to attack you (or loved ones, etc.) and you think the appropriate FIRST response is to grab that XD under your shirt in your Crossbreed Supertuck, or even reach for that Glock in your Open Carry Blackhawk CQC...

If you believe that's the appropriate FIRST response for you, I submit to you that you're probably already injured, wounded, or dead.

Sorry Jeremy, again I'm NOT bashing you or trying to humiliate you or whatever on this forum, I promise. I just want to reinforce so anyone bothering to read this understands these scenarios are a L-O-T tougher to be involved in, let alone successfully deal with than we often suppose. We do NOT "win" these scenarios... ever. These aren't video games or IDPA matches.

They're... different. We just survive them, because if you don't, you're family is gathered at a funeral home, TRYING to remember the great things about you, but thinking how tragic and senseless your death was.

MOST people, and I say this positively, do NOT have the ability to turn off their humanity, to take the life of another human being, even some scumbag doing something grossly disgusting. They simply cannot force themselves to have the "internal disregard" it takes. That's good, that's how it SHOULD be.

And you probably WON'T "continuously think of it". More likely it will HAUNT you from time to time, throughout the rest of your life. "SHOULD I have? Was there ANY other way?"

Are you SURE YOU want to live with that if that scenario ever arises? 'Cause you'll be stuck with it on your conscience, justifiable or not... forever.

I have been a soldier for over 20 years. I also have the fortune appearently of having that lucky SSN with DA that always gets pulled to go to War. You may not trying to be argumentative, but you surely are pulling off being condescending quite well.

I have over 12 years spent in Combat 10 of that spent in the real deal not this sissy **** that we are calling combat today. Yes I have been close enough to feel the person last breath on my skin as he died at my hand.

I don't have any of the should I have problems. I also do not apparently have a conscience or humanity according to you...

So next time you want to try and humiliate or humble someone do some research. Cause some here have actually been on the sharp end. Some here can fight with more than tools, some here are fairly good with words as well...

eliteimagery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Elkhart, IN
    I carry to preserve life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Because I'm not a criminal, wanna-be superhero, vigilante, or anything else. As to using "deadly force", I'll make it the very last option in the midst of confrontation, only if that confrontation leaves one of two choices.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    ModernGunner said:
    Not trying to be argumentative here

Could have fooled me ;)

Your arguments are ridiculous. I know for a fact that I could smoke pot, even though I never have.

No, I'm not going to smoke pot. I'm making a point. I don't have to experience something to know I could do it.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO

I can see some of the points you are trying to make but the way you relate them is bad, at best. Your condescending attitude is not going to make you many friends if you keep it up. :noway:

As another said in this thread, those who carry a gun have generally come to the acceptance that they may have to eventually use their gun in self defense.

In a self defense situation you cannot accurately predict what the other party is willing to do - you can only accurately predict what YOU will do. If someone else has a gun pointed at me I can only assume that they would be willing to take my life - that is what I associate with having a gun pointed at me meaning - but I cannot guarantee that.

I can, however, guarantee that in a defensive situation that I would be prepared to take the aggressor's life before he took mine. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger - that is assuming that there is a minimal risk for "collateral damage." I cannot predict how I would react in the moment as I have not been in such a situation. Very few of us have been in such a situation. So what I CAN do is the next best thing - come up with as many various scenarios as I possibly can and conditioning myself to come to terms with the fact that, at some point down the road, I may have to take someone else's life. I don't sit here and think about killing anyone in ANY other situations aside from defensive ones (I sure hope no one else thinks about having to kill another human in anything OTHER than defensive situations)

I don't wish to ever have to but if someone I care about or myself is in the line of fire, it is extremely serious business. Far more serious business than the internet. And no, I have never had a loaded firearm pointed at me. Nor have I pointed one at someone else. I NEVER EVER HAVE BEEN, NOR DO I EVER WISH TO BE IN SUCH A SITUATION. But being realistic, I may be some day. I will not willingly allow myself to fall into such a situation so I cannot get 100% real-life, life on the line type of situations. I realize there are FoF (force-on-force) settings, but that only goes so far. I am talking about the, "oh sheet!!!!" ****-your-pants life-or-death situations. For those that do end up in such situations, be it on the battlefield abroad, domestically in LE encounters, or in defensive situations more power to them. I can only imagine how difficult it is to deal with the consequences from that, mentally, legally, physically, ect. I don't want to speak for them, but I would posture a guess in saying that, they are glad they did what they did even if they took someone else's life. It's a lot easier to survive and tell about the horrible experience you had than it is to not survive. Also if one doesn't survive how can their FIRST HAND experience teach anyone in the future?

In these defensive situations, it is a split second decision. If you sit there and make a conscious thought on whether you are really ready to take another person's life, you have given them the upper hand. If you are not ready to take an aggressor's life, you might as well not carry. :twocents:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I have been a soldier for over 20 years. I also have the fortune appearently of having that lucky SSN with DA that always gets pulled to go to War. You may not trying to be argumentative, but you surely are pulling off being condescending quite well.

I have over 12 years spent in Combat 10 of that spent in the real deal not this sissy **** that we are calling combat today. Yes I have been close enough to feel the person last breath on my skin as he died at my hand.

I don't have any of the should I have problems. I also do not apparently have a conscience or humanity according to you...

So next time you want to try and humiliate or humble someone do some research. Cause some here have actually been on the sharp end. Some here can fight with more than tools, some here are fairly good with words as well...
    Hmm... I heard tell that you were a veteran and that there might be a few more veterans around here. :):

Thanks for living in the sandbox for us, Jeremy.

:patriot:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

Well said. I tried to rep you but it says I have to spread the wealth.

I carry my gun because I know if I need it, it will serve me well.

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    I'm a very non confrontational person. However through Martial Arts, and Military training. I have learned that in a matter of life or death. It's either you, or them. I personally with whatever means necessary, am going to see my family again. It's not about power or control, it's about survival and self defense.

i agree completely!! Couldn't have said it better myself!

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    I can see some of the points you are trying to make but the way you relate them is bad, at best. Your condescending attitude is not going to make you many friends if you keep it up. :noway:

As another said in this thread, those who carry a gun have generally come to the acceptance that they may have to eventually use their gun in self defense.

In a self defense situation you cannot accurately predict what the other party is willing to do - you can only accurately predict what YOU will do. If someone else has a gun pointed at me I can only assume that they would be willing to take my life - that is what I associate with having a gun pointed at me meaning - but I cannot guarantee that.

I can, however, guarantee that in a defensive situation that I would be prepared to take the aggressor's life before he took mine. I would not hesitate to pull the trigger - that is assuming that there is a minimal risk for "collateral damage." I cannot predict how I would react in the moment as I have not been in such a situation. Very few of us have been in such a situation. So what I CAN do is the next best thing - come up with as many various scenarios as I possibly can and conditioning myself to come to terms with the fact that, at some point down the road, I may have to take someone else's life. I don't sit here and think about killing anyone in ANY other situations aside from defensive ones (I sure hope no one else thinks about having to kill another human in anything OTHER than defensive situations)

I don't wish to ever have to but if someone I care about or myself is in the line of fire, it is extremely serious business. Far more serious business than the internet. And no, I have never had a loaded firearm pointed at me. Nor have I pointed one at someone else. I NEVER EVER HAVE BEEN, NOR DO I EVER WISH TO BE IN SUCH A SITUATION. But being realistic, I may be some day. I will not willingly allow myself to fall into such a situation so I cannot get 100% real-life, life on the line type of situations. I realize there are FoF (force-on-force) settings, but that only goes so far. I am talking about the, "oh sheet!!!!" ****-your-pants life-or-death situations. For those that do end up in such situations, be it on the battlefield abroad, domestically in LE encounters, or in defensive situations more power to them. I can only imagine how difficult it is to deal with the consequences from that, mentally, legally, physically, ect. I don't want to speak for them, but I would posture a guess in saying that, they are glad they did what they did even if they took someone else's life. It's a lot easier to survive and tell about the horrible experience you had than it is to not survive. Also if one doesn't survive how can their FIRST HAND experience teach anyone in the future?

In these defensive situations, it is a split second decision. If you sit there and make a conscious thought on whether you are really ready to take another person's life, you have given them the upper hand. If you are not ready to take an aggressor's life, you might as well not carry. :twocents:

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Great posts guys.

When I started this thread, my intent was that I am trying to figure out how I can condition myself mentally to be more prepared to do what needs to be done should the situation arise.

I rarely pack, and that only when I am going to the big city with my family to protect. I realize that not carrying most of the time is not good training for the times that I do, :dunno:

I am just trying to be more sure of myself, because like some have said here, If I pause at a critical time, I or those that I love could end up dead.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Johnny,

I hope that you continue to carry and gain the confidence to expand how often or how long you carry your firearm. For anyone that carries a firearm I hope they do it enough that it becomes second nature to have it on your belt and give it the same amount of thought as your knife or keys in your pocket.

Keep up with your training, mate. :)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Great posts guys.

When I started this thread, my intent was that I am trying to figure out how I can condition myself mentally to be more prepared to do what needs to be done should the situation arise.

I rarely pack, and that only when I am going to the big city with my family to protect. I realize that not carrying most of the time is not good training for the times that I do, :dunno:

I am just trying to be more sure of myself, because like some have said here, If I pause at a critical time, I or those that I love could end up dead.

Johnny practice the little things and as you move up in confidence in your abilities the mind will develop along with the muscle and body. I grew up using and carrying firearms and knives. It will come, trust us. Even Wild Bill Hickok had to practice...

Firearms proficiency is like any skill it must be developed and practiced with on a regular basis. This does not mean shooting everyday or even every week. This means being aware of your surroundings, to being able to remove it from the holster, to being able to safely perform the function of the firearm. It's like when you first started driving a car. The more you do it the greater your skill becomes, and with it your confidence in your abilities also.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Johnny -

I am a pistol noob and have been mentally preparing as I said in my post for carry responsibility. I am very comfortable around firearms and trust my "training" (note the quotes as I have no professional training) but I sill need to adjust mentally to carrying. It will come with time. Hell, even my parents - who are kind of anti-gun - are becoming more accustomed to the thought of me carrying. If their minds can change and become comfortable with it, anyone's can.

There are a number of things that can be intimidating - "Look mommy that guy has a gun!!!!" (:rolleyes:) and as it has been debated here, the ultimate choice involving self defense. That I can understand. Situations such as that can be avoided by proper carry methods and extreme discipline. From your posts I infer that you are a level headed guy and not very impulsive - two key traits of a responsible gun owner - so you are on the right track. It will all come with time. :yesway:

Top Bottom