• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    LDF102 sent me a pm, but i can't respond due to post count.. he asked what places around Brownsburg have layaway.. so if you read this here you are..

Bradis is where i went, 10% down and 30 days extend

Fort Liberty in Avon is 20% down and 30 days

Plainfield Shooting Supply does as well. I believe it is 20% down and 60 days.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Take advantage of wal-Marts Federal 180 GR in the 100 rd boxes and Winchester 180 Gr PDX-1 for carry.
    Welcome to the World of Glock, need a basket?

G19ccer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Peru
    Hornady, Speer, and and the likes are a little pricey for my taste. What experiences do others have with 147 grain 9 mm JHP?

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    just put a glock 27 on layaway.. excited to get it here in a couple weeks! I'm getting the Gen 3 version and i'm pretty stoked since right now i only have a keltec p32 to shoot and carry.

I've been doing holster researching, looking for a relatively inexpensive iwb holster as well as a owb holster that will hold the pistol pretty close to my side.

excited to join the glock family!

Congrats! I love my glock 27 gen3. I carry a raven concealment holster and it can be used for iwb and owb. Owb it holds very close to my body so I never even use it as a iwb holster. They are a little pricey but it will work for both holsters you mentioned getting. There are other kydex holster makers such as site supporter Hooch holsters, and jeff is a great guy. His holsters are just as good but a little cheaper as a option.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Congrats! I love my G26. Just be aware, though, that a Glock is much thicker than the p32 you are used to carrying. It takes a little more work to conceal.

A hybrid leather/kydex holster (e.g. Crossbreed Supertuck, Comptac Minotaur) are the most comfortable in my opinion. They aren't necessarily cheap but they are a quality product.

:rockwoot: :+1: :rockwoot:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    And now for my 2 cents. I have owned many Glocks, 4-19s, 1-17, 1-26, 1-27, 2-23s, 1-22, 1-30, 1-21, I have owned most of them at one time. They are not the gun to end all guns, they shoot well, they are accurate, they are dependable, and the list goes on, but what I described also fits the bill for many other guns. Go shop for guns that feel right to you, go out with your buddies and shoot their guns, go to a store that will let you shoot their guns and pick what makes you happy. Revolvers feel right to me, I don't own and shoot revolvers because that is what everyone is talking about, I like and shoot revolvers because I have shot everything else and revolvers feel right. As an added note, I'm not Glock bashing, they are just not my choice of weapons.

Fishy2k8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Avon
    Thanks.. funny thing is I did what you suggest.. I picked the glock. If not the glock then a kimber but that's not going to fit the budget

hoosier7400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Evansville Indiana
    I am debating the same thing. I handled the Glock 21 this afternoon and never really liked the way they looked but, 13+1 of .45acp kicks the crap out of my 1911 as EDC. The slide felt strong and polymer light. I like stylish guns that dont look like the glock. I like lines on my pistols but, at the end of the day, function over form will save a lot of headaches especially if you ever have to use it. Congrats on the recent Glock purchase! Joining the club soon!

GlockFox

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Naptown
    I will agree with the CBST comments. Awesome holster. The only thing is mine had a squeek to it like I was riding in a saddle every time I moved. I fixed it with some velcro stuck to the back of the metal clips. Only use the soft side of the velcro (I think it is called the loop side).

Top Bottom