• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fishy2k8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Avon
    just put a glock 27 on layaway.. excited to get it here in a couple weeks! I'm getting the Gen 3 version and i'm pretty stoked since right now i only have a keltec p32 to shoot and carry.

I've been doing holster researching, looking for a relatively inexpensive iwb holster as well as a owb holster that will hold the pistol pretty close to my side.

excited to join the glock family!

Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    There is no turning back now!!! Welcome to the dark side. I fancy the blackhawk serpa for an owb. I really like how the holster locks the pistol and the push button release keeps your finger off of the trigger while unholstering the pistol. Everybody knows an AD is no fun!!!

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    Congrats! I love my G26. Just be aware, though, that a Glock is much thicker than the p32 you are used to carrying. It takes a little more work to conceal.

A hybrid leather/kydex holster (e.g. Crossbreed Supertuck, Comptac Minotaur) are the most comfortable in my opinion. They aren't necessarily cheap but they are a quality product.

Fishy2k8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Avon
    yeah i've been looking at the cross bread super tuck, just seems like a lot of holster to me if that makes sense lol.. looking for something a tad smaller

Fishy2k8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Avon
    anyone have a specific amo they put through their .40 cal glocks that works better than others? good brand of hollow points they would recommend?

brutalone

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Westside Indianapolis
    Comptac works great!...
    Cost effective holster..... Don Hume leather IWBs are around for 20 to 30 bucks...
    Any Federal Premium HP or Winchester Ranger....
    I prefer light bullets out of mini Glock 40s.... faster follow up

Dirc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Noblesville
    anyone have a specific amo they put through their .40 cal glocks that works better than others? good brand of hollow points they would recommend?

Go to your local ammunition retailer. If the box says ".40 S&W" you'll be fine.

At least, that's been my experience with my G27. :)

Have fun!

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have a couple of Stoner IWBs and really like them. Make sure you get the steel reinforced one. Makes reholstering a breeze.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Welcome to the Glock Family! As others have warned, those Glocks multiply faster than rabbits! I just brought home my 7th Glock and now I'm trying to figure out what my next one will be. I'm thinking a Gen4 Glock 34 would work nicely!

A great holster to get you started, it is an OWB though, is the Glock Sport/Combat Holster. Around $10 or $12 and they work great! The Raven Phantom, while a long wait time, is another great holster and can be worn either OWB or IWB by just changing the belt loops on the holster. Blade-Tech makes some really good holsters as well.

Taylorz71

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Central IN
    2011 was the year of my 1st Glock and now I have 2. G3 21 and G4 17. Welcome to the club. I wasn't a fan until I shot my buddies 21 this summer and well now I need one in .40.

Fishy2k8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Avon
    LDF102 sent me a pm, but i can't respond due to post count.. he asked what places around Brownsburg have layaway.. so if you read this here you are..

Bradis is where i went, 10% down and 30 days extend

Fort Liberty in Avon is 20% down and 30 days

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I had ONE Glock for about 8 years. I now have 2. I have the 27/23 I've carried my glock 27 in my Tucker Gun Leather "The answer" for 8 years, it works great for me. I also have a smart carry, and a desantis apache ankle rig. All have concealed my G27 perfectly for me.

I usually use wwb fmj 180gr or Remington umc 180gr with minimal issues.

R.G.Gray

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2011
    I bought a Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe recently for my G19 and I love it.
    It lives up to all the hype.

G19ccer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2011
    Peru
    I have a Galco King Tuk. It is awesome! More affordable than the CBST and the C-Tac. I Carry my Glock 19 in it. I'm hoping to have a new Gen 3 26 to match it soon.

Top Bottom