Not open for further replies.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I got an email this morning at 5:30 to verify I wanted to keep the ammo on back order. New delivery date of 9/12/16.

Matt

That's the email, I got it too. 8+ months :faint:
    I just hope that .45 doesn't win the internet debate by then. :laugh:

Me too. A bit disappointing, but too good a deal to pass up, I guess?
    Wonder how many confirmation hoops we'll have to jump through, without missing one, for this to actually take place? Lord, they send emails specials twice a day don't they?

Also wonder if they will send a final confirmation just prior to shipping? My card that pays for this runs a low balance for security and gets funds transferred in as needed. :dunno:

I have a backorder out with Midway (product actually due in today.) Their policy is clearly stated that the billing card must have funds available without notice. Anything less will immediately cancel the backorder.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I let my membership expire several months ago, waiting for something to catch my eye.
    Re-joined with this deal. If the 9/12 gets bumped again I will be a bit disappointed.

I had some .22 on backorder with midway for 1-2 years, then they cancelled the order. I haven't ordered anything from them since.

Chevyman540

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    LaPorte
    I also had .22 on backorder with Midway for about 14 months, they canceled the order. Then 2 weeks later I got an email that the same ammo I had ordered they had, but the doubled the price of the 1400 round bucket and raised the other by 40%. I haven't bought anything from them since. Their emails going into the junk folder!!!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Was this some plot to get people to join up as a member on SG?:tinfoil:

Uhhh, maybe. The push is on having to twice click through their reup screens to get to the shopping cart (yes, I checked it again this morning with an order I stopped before buying.) They are offering free shipping on the order you are attempting to purchase also.

I have always had a funny feeling about their incentives for signing up to find that they are mostly free shipping coupon codes. Maybe I'm just ruined by AmPrime, but if I'm a "member" it seems normal for shipping to be free? If not free at least a little more timely shipping/handling. It seems to take forever from order to receive with SG.

...If the 9/12 gets bumped again I will be a bit disappointed...

Wow, they bumped you back to 9.12.16 also? That is concerning considering you had the earliest backorder time?

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    I didn't re-up if it was a ploy. I was a member a couple years ago. Deals can be had, especially on the double discount days.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    From their Freedom Munitions FB page:
    Its back! 22LR in stock, no quantity limits!!! Get it while it lasts...we have received excellent feedback on it from customers who bought it last time it was in stock
    Ammo In Stock Now

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    It sounded too good to be true. It looks like the coupon it a gift certificate, so possibly stackable. I'll take it.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    It sounded too good to be true. It looks like the coupon it a gift certificate, so possibly stackable. I'll take it.

I can speak from experience: If it's a gift certificate and NOT a "$" off coupon, it will stack with free shipping. The coupons that you normally receive with your order are NOT stackable with free shipping. It's very rare for them to issue a gift certificate because they stack, but I did get one from them during some promotion or another; unlike the regular coupons, it worked when I placed an order during a free shipping promotion.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Stopped by TrailDust Surplus in Bloomington late this afternoon. They had some vintage Win-Western T-22 target .22LR for $5/box, limit one box; a good price for quality vintage ammo, I already tested out a few rounds from my box in a Neos 22 pistol. They also had a nice selection of powder including hard to find stuff like Clay Dot (substitutes for Clays), Win 296 (exact same as H-110), and AutoComp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom